NHL 2017-18

Bmac

8 hours ago, bowld said:

wrong

anaheim-ducks-reebok-edge-adult-premier-

I thought you were referring to the mighty ducks stripping they had until 06'. I completely forgot they don't use the above stripping pattern anymore though.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So here's an interesting find from the UK. It's officially licensed NHL stuff (supposedly, the guy said he gave it a full look over) but I've never seen anything like it. I also don't know what to make of it.

IMG_4981.thumb.JPG.ca0067df8c20cd3a5268b6a613d08fec.JPG

First time I've seen these, and for better or worse I think I know what retailer that is and I just cringed.

I'd probably get one of these if not for the jersey striping. Inaccuracy aside it looks :censored:ing terrible on a t-shirt.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 7/18/2017 at 10:50 PM, habsfan1 said:

The more I look at the new collars, the more ugly they appear. Good lord, those weird curves are :censored: ugly!

LOL looks like they have a shirt and tie on underneath the hockey jersey 

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

The collars downgrade all the new designs.  I tried having an open mind at first but even the applications that I initially thought were good (Avalanche for example) are beginning to stick out like a sore thumb.

Agreed!! The collars that have contrast (Chicago, Dallas) look like toilet seats.

The low or no-contrast versions (Detroit) look like t-shirts.

A contrasting "pentagon" on the front (Rangers) is WAY too prominent, and any version with a lace looks like an afterthought.

9 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

What is the over/under on new collars for these sweaters?  I have it at 3 years.

...Hard to say...If these new sweaters sell, the collars will stick around. 

The quickest way to get Adidas to change these collars is to keep your NHL-sweater-money in your jeans!

On 7/17/2017 at 7:36 PM, Morgo said:

An article claiming the New Jersey Devils changed their uniforms for the better.  Now I've seen everything :rolleyes:

http://elitesportsny.com/2017/06/21/adidas-has-finally-changed-new-jersey-devils-uniform-for-the-better/

The only team that got a firm recoloring was the Edmonton Oilers, who now are sporting a paler orange, that gives off a bit more ferocity than the bright neon.

Ferocious pale orange

They represent none other than the three years Martin Brodeur, Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer and Sergei Brylin (the unloved fourth member) hoisted the Cup in New Jersey.

I'm the opposite of a Devils fan and even I immediately knew this dope forgot Ken Daneyko

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/17/2017 at 8:36 PM, Morgo said:

An article claiming the New Jersey Devils changed their uniforms for the better.  Now I've seen everything :rolleyes:

http://elitesportsny.com/2017/06/21/adidas-has-finally-changed-new-jersey-devils-uniform-for-the-better/

That's a disaster of an article.

You know it's bad when the first line in bold italics is this: It’s still Red, White and Black but they the new Adidas New Jersey Devils uniforms for 2017-18 look sweet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's a disaster of an article.

You know it's bad when the first line in bold italics is this: It’s still Red, White and Black but they the new Adidas New Jersey Devils uniforms for 2017-18 look sweet. 

11OLihUEDA5LJC.gif

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Articles like this should be given a green light by Chris Creamer and the CCSLC, Paul Lukas, and Phil Hecken (and maybe orhers, too) before the masses can read it. There are no right or wrong opinions, but this one is damn close to wrong!

3 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

The quickest way to get Adidas to change these collars is to keep your NHL-sweater-money in your jeans!

I've never been particularly successful at the "keep it in your pants" approach, in general. This attempt should be relatively easy, though.

Unless the Preds hoist a cup in these, I'm not buying one.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

25 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I've never been particularly successful at the "keep it in your pants" approach, in general. This attempt should be relatively easy, though.

Nah, just buy a Finals patch for whatever year they win it in and put it on a Reebok sweater.

Yes, I'm suggesting you be that guy. 

47 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nah, just buy a Finals patch for whatever year they win it in and put it on a Reebok sweater.

Yes, I'm suggesting you be that guy. 

May as well go full tilt and do it to a Weber 6 or Bonino jersey.

I almost wish I could. I'm too big on historical accuracy. Just knowing it's in my collection would grate on me.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

17 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

My god these new Avalanche jerseys are so amazing.   Looks 100x better than the edge.  

IMG_2345.PNG

Might be the best the team has ever looked.  Can't wait to see the full road uniform.

3 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

This is an odd take, given that even with the ugly collar the Preds are one of the teams whose Adidas jersey is an actual improvement over that Reebok mess they've been wearing the past few seasons. 

8 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

This is an odd take, given that even with the ugly collar the Preds are one of the teams whose Adidas jersey is an actual improvement over that Reebok mess they've been wearing the past few seasons. 

That's your take. The general consensus, especially among the Preds fanbase, is that the move was a downgrade.

Yes, the piping and fang treatment needed to go, that was a solid call, but they continued to oversimplify, and added no additional color to the shoulder area. Especially with the yellow helmets, the jersey needs more navy.

What they wound up with was one step forward, and two steps back; a jersey devoid of personality, that looks like it belongs at the practice facility.

Outlining the white piping with a navy stripe of any size would fix things, as would putting the guitar-pick patches on both shoulders.  They were really close and where the hell is that road jersey?  They're the only team left to unveil one.

Archived