NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Interesting. Adidas has decided to divest themselves of CCM:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-adidas-divestiture-hockey-idUSKBN1AC2AE

Wait, so who's going to make the new jerseys then?

Can the NHL void the contract with Adidas and just have CCM redesign a new template?

Please?

No?  Oh........

banners

5 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Interesting. Adidas has decided to divest themselves of CCM:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-adidas-divestiture-hockey-idUSKBN1AC2AE

Does that mean the Vintage Line will be eliminated?  Will CCM still have the NHL license?  Or do all the vintage logos and jerseys get produced by adidas?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

So what happens with the AHL?

Nothing should change with the AHL.  They extended their deal last year.  I wouldn't be surprised then if CCM has their own seperate deal to produce the vintage jerseys.

Best that I've heard is that Adidas is keeping the jersey and apparel/clothing stuff, equipment and sticks and such is what was sold off. Backed up by 'business as usual' chatter from my licensed sales (read: apparel) rep and...quite the opposite from both retail and pro equipment guys. 

Up until the last few days the only digits I've seen in the Blue Jackets new number font were the 1 and the 7, and those are the two digits that are probably the hardest to glean any kind of visual information as to what the rest of the font will look like. But then they started posting these videos of a daily countdown on their instagram page so we should have the full font soon.

597b8e0d74929_2017-07-28at15-16-23.png.88c4633405fa5897cc3204753fdd1a9a.png597b8e0f9fb03_2017-07-28at15-16-34.png.a0a18f99235b47e56637826dcfe20f9e.png

With the 2 and 0 you can kind of get a sense for what the 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9 will look like. Hoping for a closed 4. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 7/27/2017 at 9:48 AM, BrianLion said:

these look good but they just need to do something to the logo to give it some depth, like an outline or something 

I disagree. Those are fantastic uniforms; an exceedingly appropriate historical update to make them more unique.

The solid color logo coordinates perfectly with the clean, bold stripes. It’s the numbers with all the outlines that look out of place on that uniform. The edges look blurry because there’s so much trim. Solid white and solid blue numbers would work better with the jersey design. The depth and uniqueness should come from the design of the numbers themselves. I think they can separate themselves with something unique that’s not a block number.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

53 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Up until the last few days the only digits I've seen in the Blue Jackets new number font were the 1 and the 7, and those are the two digits that are probably the hardest to glean any kind of visual information as to what the rest of the font will look like. But then they started posting these videos of a daily countdown on their instagram page so we should have the full font soon.

597b8e0d74929_2017-07-28at15-16-23.png.88c4633405fa5897cc3204753fdd1a9a.png597b8e0f9fb03_2017-07-28at15-16-34.png.a0a18f99235b47e56637826dcfe20f9e.png

With the 2 and 0 you can kind of get a sense for what the 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9 will look like. Hoping for a closed 4. 

I can’t remember for certain, but I’m pretty sure, almost positive it is closed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, buffalo50 said:

Oh I see what they've done here... perhaps they're smarter than we think? But I doubt it. Also, still fugly. 

sen.jpg

They should make the back of the jersey look like a cape. 

29 minutes ago, Ark said:

They should make the back of the jersey look like a cape. 

Nah.  The Sabres already tried that and it looked awful.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nashville announced today that they will be unveiling their road jersey on the 6th at 1:30 pm CT!

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/preators-open-house-featuring-equipment-sale-and-jersey-unveil-on-aug-6/c-290532994

My guess is that it looks like B

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Nah.  The Sabres already tried that and it looked awful.  

Eh, if they went Czech Republic-esque by filling in the half collar and the yoke following the dividing line with classic striping, I think it could work.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived