NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, B-mer said:

That's weird. Those minor details really helped the Jackets' overall look. Their home set was one of my favorites, when it was the cap shoulder logo at least. 

Some of the changes have really given me the impression that one of Adidas' goals was cost cutting some of the production.  I can understand from a business perspective but it's taken some of the smaller quirks out of the aesthetics. 

Like they went to Columbus and said "you know, those blue stripes on the pants cost us X amount. Let's ditch them to save that money."

Except that Adidas doesn't manufacture hockey pants (yet, anyway). So you may want to rethink that particular hypothetical example.

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Some of the changes have really given me the impression that one of Adidas' goals was cost cutting some of the production.

Well, yeah. They're a business. Their job is to get the greatest possible return on their investment and cutting expenses doesn't hurt. It's the same reason why they're not selling the Canadian-made authentic jerseys on the retail market. The fans who buy the top-of-the-line authentic jerseys represent such a small segment of the market that there's no financial point in putting in the investment to make enough for that small segment of the market.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, hockey week said:

I think I'm the only person here who legitimately hates the Jackets' new socks. They're too minimalist, it isn't going to show up on tv, and I don't really care that they match.

It's a terrible look.

I like the new socks, but it really makes me miss the black on that Jackets jersey. Black, Navy, Red & White was their thing & they could've owned it, but NOPE. 

Compare this middle jersey:

BlueJackets04.png

To these jerseys:

BlueJackets16.png

Try to tell me black wouldn't help them be different & look great. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the new socks, but it really makes me miss the black on that Jackets jersey. Black, Navy, Red & White was their thing & they could've owned it, but NOPE. 

Compare this middle jersey:

BlueJackets04.png

To these jerseys:

BlueJackets16.png

Try to tell me black wouldn't help them be different & look great. 

It could help them be different, but wouldn't look great. I don't think it looks bad in the context of their old alternate jersey, but from a broader perspective of how it would be used across all uniforms and promotional stuff.... idk, having both navy and black in the color palette totally muddles the identity, I think. Would the shoulders of the white uniform be black or navy? Would black ever be able to touch navy or would it ALWAYS have to have a line of white or red separating it?

Just look at the recent Cavaliers uniforms. So unnecessary, just pick either black and navy as your dark accent and stick with it. Also, Butler basketball has had some atrocious uniforms in the past just because navy and black are used side by side and you can't even see the difference on TV.

It's not on a hockey player or with gloves, socks & helmet, but we finally have the Preds' new gold jersey on a warm body.

My opinion hasn't changed. Still super plain up top. The hem stripe just runs into the pants. And while Gnash's enormous head is a factor, I always thought the shoulder patches on all the new adizero sweaters were too close to the collar.

2 hours ago, Bradbury said:

It's not on a hockey player or with gloves, socks & helmet, but we finally have the Preds' new gold jersey on a warm body.

My opinion hasn't changed. Still super plain up top. The hem stripe just runs into the pants. And while Gnash's enormous head is a factor, I always thought the shoulder patches on all the new adizero sweaters were too close to the collar.

So will all those patches face towards the sky instead of sitting on the end of shoulder, like for instance this?

ct-patrick-kane-50-goals-blackhawks-spt-

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Black would indeed be different,  but it wouldn't look great.  Black and navy blue should never be used together.

Nine times out of ten? I would agree with you. I've always liked that Columbus alternate however. I think it's because the black never touches the navy. The two colours don't blend into each other.

Regardless, I've always liked it.

Archived