NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like this a lot better than the new home by FAR. For those that fear it's too much yellow, no it isn't. Yellow is the Preds colour now. Why shouldn't they embrace it? 

Exactly. And aesthetically, the colors will be well balanced with the rest of the gear. I think this will look nice with their blue pants and gloves. 

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Because that makes them look like a blue team that uses gold trim. They are the opposite now.

They've had that configuration for 6 years and nobody mistook them for a Navy team.  If they want to play up the gold on the road fine, just use more navy than a thin outline.  Contrast is important.

4 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Blackhawks look like a black team that uses red trim on the road. It works out okay for them.

Worked out for the Devils too.

1 hour ago, Roger Clemente said:

Watch the Leafs go and put blue shoulders on the road jersey like their '50s jerseys did (or the throwback they wore in the early 2000s.)

I think I would prefer that...

Predators did the right thing. They are the only team really pushing yellow as the main color, so this fits.

I think the yellow jerseys contrast enough with all other teams in the league where they couldve gotten away with white shoulders... So basically the inverse of this road uni that they just unveiled. It's weird that the yellow jersey doesn't even have the blue shoulder stripes to create adidas version of a "phantom yoke" . Don't like that inconsistency. The road is far superior to the home.

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

Huge downgrade from the previous sweater.  Why couldn't they have done something like this...

An9paJZ.jpg

I think they were originally considering to have the road white with navy cuffs & yellow trim, a reverse home jersey like the image you posted. If it took this long for the unveiled, maybe they couldn't decide of which final product would look best.

The wait might have been long, but I think they made the right call. I'm glad they're going to continue having some shounder striping in some way. The yellow yoke & collar with a cutout of navy trim is a nice progession and continuation, when compared to their previous looks. The Preds never had empty shoulder/arm stripes. I'm glad to see them continue to use that.

Just like I thought they would do and switch the colours around.  While it's a down grade from what they had, it's decent looking jersey.  The yellow shoulder yoke makes it less bottom heavy and why they didn't do the same with the home is a huge question mark.  It would have improve that jersey.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I think they were originally considering to have the road white with navy cuffs & yellow trim, a reverse home jersey like the image you posted. If it took this long for the unveiled, maybe they couldn't decide of which final product would look best.

The wait might have been long, but I think they made the right call. I'm glad they're going to continue having some shounder striping in some way. The yellow yoke & collar with a cutout of navy trim is a nice progession and continuation, when compared to their previous looks. The Preds never had empty shoulder/arm stripes. I'm glad to see them continue to use that.

I seriously doubt that's the case.  They had to decide long ago, so that adidas could ramp up production.  

I don't get the bitching at all.  I don't see how a plain white jersey with blue/yellow trim would have worked better.  Maybe it's just because I dislike totally plain jerseys (they resemble practice jerseys to me) but this one works in their main team color in a very tasteful way, and it provides a sorta "top anchor" (if that's even a thing) to it.  It just works well.  I think there was an old Bruins jersey that looked very similar.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree that it just feels right that they're now fully embracing the yellow, by finally making it the main color of the new road jersey.

They've been the yellow team for a couple of years now. But their road white was always white & navy with only a trim of yellow here & there. They wanted to adjust that issue by adding in some yellow helmets & socks. But the previous roads looked totally unbalanced with those bright white & yellow socks with all-navy everything else.

7 hours ago, Morgo said:

They've had that configuration for 6 years and nobody mistook them for a Navy team.  If they want to play up the gold on the road fine, just use more navy than a thin outline.  Contrast is important.

Worked out for the Devils too.

I’m not saying it’s a bad look, but they’ve very clearly set out to be “the gold team” over the past few years. Minimizing it on the road uniform wouldn’t make any sense when the goal is to build that equity. There’s plenty of balance when you consider the blue numerals and pants.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Blackhawks look like a black team that uses red trim on the road. It works out okay for them.

The Blackhawks and other teams that do this have identities that have been built over decades. You can’t compare that with what Nashville is trying to do here.

11 hours ago, daniel75 said:

That's their problem too much yellow.

The other option is to be the Sabres of the South. I think they made the right move.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I really like the new roads, the yoke goes a long way in adding some interest to the set. I'm glad that they made the choice of emphasizing yellow over navy, it results in a much bolder, better look and navy pants will balance it well. With how thin the stripes are on the new template, yellow wouldn't have had a strong presence at all and the result would've been incredibly plain. 

spacer.png

Archived