NHL 2017-18

Bmac

In the case of Belleville the 'B' is for bland.  I'll never understand the fascination about the Times New Roman letter on two stripes.  It's lazy, boring and the absence of gold would make the Senators look like all the other red and black teams. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible that someone in the Sens organisation thinks the Centurion is more marketable that just the letter O.

I fully understand the perspective that the character has no connection to anything related to Senators, and it shouldn't be the logo. I wouldn't mind seeing a return to their roots with a traditional rebrand. But it feels like someone doesn't like that idea because they had a chance to change this summer, but opted not to. They keep passing up the opportunity.

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_6921.JPG.00644c2c969852f55ee589f5ceda15a5.JPG

Off the topic a little, but it's funny looking at that picture and seeing the cut of the jersey. The arm stripes (which should be upper arm) look like they're in the normal spot on today's jerseys, with the shoulder patch looking like it's where the numbers would be. 

4 hours ago, B-mer said:

Off the topic a little, but it's funny looking at that picture and seeing the cut of the jersey. The arm stripes (which should be upper arm) look like they're in the normal spot on today's jerseys, with the shoulder patch looking like it's where the numbers would be. 

Goalie jerseys used to be notoriously unregulated. While that picture doesn't show it as well as some others, I'd guess that thing is crazy loose and way too big, resulting in the odd placement of the patch and stuff you noticed and (most important) a flying squirrel effect when the arms are spread. 

After some time passed to get used to the new collars, here's the thing. The new design is refreshing and well done for coloring. But the only issue that still remians, from the first time I saw them until now, is that the collars are too big.

Laces are going to look weird underneath those huge collars...

DD-cy7ZV0AAT8d1?format=jpg

DFLrmikUwAAlzIq?format=jpg

DFvg0JiVwAIRx2N?format=jpg

The crew-neck design looks nice, but there are two strikes against it, IMO.

They aren't customizable enough. Compare Anaheim's old and new collars: the beige and orange clash because the collars don't allow multiple stripes, or stripes of different widths.

Most teams also don't use what's there to their full potential. I don't mind the use of a half-collar like the Canucks, though collars like the Islanders look horrendous. It ruins the entire jersey IMO, and looks like they coloured in a random part blue instead of adding more colour with the pentagon. This could be fixed by making like Florida, colouring in the full collar.

I'm holding further judgement until I see them in action and I see how they handle vintage designs at the Winter Classic.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

The half collar is dumb and hopefully teams will realize that and fix it next year.  The Canucks should have done what the Predators did and go with the thin inner stripe that is blue, then a complete white collar for the home blue.

When you look at the Stars' collar, it almost looks like you can add a third colour.  There's a thin inside layer, then the half black layer that looks the same width as the white.

Washington really screwed up since the vertical sleeve stripes no longer connect to the collar.

capitals-home-jersey-adidas.jpg

1 hour ago, Ark said:

Any downside to the Adidas jerseys is offset by the fact that the hems aren't curved. 

They still are curved, just not as bad.  And I think having the stripes go with the curve looks just as bad as before, especially for a team like the Blackhawks.  It's only a little better than the extreme whale tail.

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The crew-neck look has always looked terrible for hockey, in my opinion. 

These new Adidas collars ultimately ruin every sweater that's been unveiled.

Agreed; they don't look great...but they do inflate for those long road trips...

nhlcollars.thumb.jpg.122ea2578fdef780c13bfddb634db8bf.jpg

21 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I forgot to mention. Another downside is that wool collars are no more... :(

NewJersey-620x349.jpg

I wouldn't go as far as to say the new collars ruin the adidas designs but this picture represents the absolute pinnacle of NHL collars.  Montreal's uniforms never looked better when they adopted the wool lace-ups.

I just remembered the Bruins aren't going to wear yellow socks at home anymore and now I want to burn my apartment down.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 8/15/2017 at 9:32 PM, habsfan1 said:

I forgot to mention. Another downside is that wool collars are no more... :(

NewJersey-620x349.jpg

Pretty sure it’s been decades since wool has been a part of an NHL jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived