NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

DIfV86-XkAApRN9.thumb.jpg.5414c59ae87d4164ec632cfd9842d50f.jpg

"you know those Nike NFL collars that looked stupid, everyone hated, and have since been changed back to something more conventional? Let's use those for our new NHL contract" - Adidas

Who's the little kid?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

"you know those Nike NFL collars that looked stupid, everyone hated, and have since been changed back to something more conventional? Let's use those for our new NHL contract" - Adidas

I agree that some of the collars are definite downgrades, but how would a different collar have made this jersey any better? This is literally one of the least invasive collars of the new contract. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Some of the collars are ok, even passable.  But as someone else said some teams made poor choices in how they colored them. 

Every collar would look okay, if they sized the collars down a notch or two.

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

That is not the same as this:

drew-brees.jpg?w=528

In fact the Reebok collars were much worse than that

matthews-auston-161002-620.jpg

4011be4a7f375fcc470abe00a7bf5491.jpg

Chris had this on the Mothership Twitter today:

canes.jpg

So now we know the marketing horsecrap behind the adidas tag on the front of the Indonesian fauxthentics. Mainly, it's an excuse for the NHL and adidas to sucker you into an app and have a scrape at your data in return for what is probably a very uninteresting bit of content. It's also an anti-counterfeiting measure, an honest-to-God Authentication Spot, so it better make my phone shout "GO JOSTENS!" when I scan it. And I don't know how much of an impact it will have on the fakery, since replica jerseys won't have it, and neither will the actual on-ice authentic jerseys. So, uh, congratulations on buying an authentic non-authentic jersey, I guess.

Also, from the Blackhawks, we have an idea of how the sizing will run, and also that getting those chain-stitched patches will cost you more than the other teams' woven offerings:

sizing.png

Interesting that they're adding the 42 and 44 sizes, recognizing that there are women and kids who want something better than replica jerseys that won't fit like a muumuu. So, if you're like me and wear a Large, you wore a 48 in a CCM 6100, a 46 in a Reebok 6100, a 52 in a Reebok Edge 1.0 7187, a 50 in the Edge 2.0 7287, and now back to a 52 in the age of Adizero, not that I plan on buying one of these things.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Except that now, the ring around the NHL collars is three times as big!  They look ridiculous!

For a lot of teams, including the Blue Jackets, the big ring blends in with the rest of the jersey. 

I wonder if that Authentication Dot is merely stitched on and removable. I really hope so. For the few replica Reebok jerseys I have,  the first thing I'd do when I brought them home was remove that gray jock tag.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

12 hours ago, henburg said:

I agree that some of the collars are definite downgrades, but how would a different collar have made this jersey any better? This is literally one of the least invasive collars of the new contract. 

If it looked like the old collar

PvO6ZWJ.png

22 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

First look at the Devils 35 years patch. Not sure if they will be wearing it on the jersey but I'd be surprised if they do.

2018-Guide-NJD.png

I like the NJ outline on the patch and the incorporation of the franchises three main colors over their run.  However, I feel like aside from the 25th anniversary you should really just celebrate the 10's.  After 30 years as a franchise you've shown some longevity and probably don't need to commemorate your own existence every 5 years.  

Also odd that only Chico Resch is shown in the pre-1992 uniforms in that lithograph. The red/green period was almost a third of their history albeit not the most successful one. They still had some pretty memorable players during that time especially the Cinderella 87-88 team with Burke, Shanahan, Muller, MacLean, Broten, Verbeek, etc.

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

If it looked like the old collar

Only pre-2007 collars were good. The Edge collars looked almost as stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, M4One said:

A video on how the Knights designed their logo. Bonus if you wanted to know how Chris looks like.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/building-vegas-golden-knights-logo/

Holy cow, that scroll of expansion logos in the beginning.  I had to wait until Vegas until we got to a logo I actually like.

Chris is also the most articulate person in that lineup.  In a mix of design-speak, his description of what makes a good logo is spot-on.  Good on ya, mate.

Pittsburgh Penguins youth program have interesting uniforms this season. Likely a precursor to the Stadium Series jersey, or something similar, becoming the 3rd jersey in the future. Their youth program began using the throwbacks (current set) a year before the NHL team brought the black version back as an alternate.

DIV83nLV4AAiRWv.jpg

Doesn't really have to do with the 17-18 season, but saw this photo on Twitter. The way the 'Nucks logo on the wall is colored I thought was interesting. Never seen it like that.

SrKDm02.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 8/31/2017 at 11:16 PM, BigPhil39 said:

Pittsburgh Penguins youth program have interesting uniforms this season. Likely a precursor to the Stadium Series jersey, or something similar, becoming the 3rd jersey in the future. Their youth program began using the throwbacks (current set) a year before the NHL team brought the black version back as an alternate.

DIV83nLV4AAiRWv.jpg

Jr Penguins had Stadium Series jerseys this past season too

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived