NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Ottawa Senators Ice, author of this photo claims that is 100% real:

Boy, that's one compelling letter O. I like the way it, ah, fits right in a circle, that O.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, insert name said:

I'm fine with the O being the center ice logo but something like this should really be their new primary.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

Sadly, I don't think it's happening. A few years back, @ColorWerx confirmed that it was no longer in the Sens' style guide.

That's a bummer, as it's easily the best Roman logo they've had. Slap that on the old black alternate, and you'd have the best Roman look for the Sens.

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Sadly, I don't think it's happening. A few years back, @ColorWerx confirmed that it was no longer in the Sens' style guide.

That's a bummer, as it's easily the best Roman logo they've had. Slap that on the old black alternate, and you'd have the best Roman look for the Sens.

Technically...they could bring it back if they wanted.  The NHL certainly isn't averse to bringing back old logos.

But yeah, that logo on a black jersey would be awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, Ark said:

Sorry, but I prefer this logo

152.png

I’d love to hear you defend this confounding opinion. :-)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The original has length which the new one lacks. The new one is too circular... it would work as a shoulder patch but not as a main jersey logo IMO. 

Also the original is more organic. 

But the newer one is easier to center, which makes it a better crest. The newer logo has a better-rendered face and "stronger" line weights. It also has more of an "O" look to it, which is good for all the people who would want to see it on a barberpole sweater.

I'm so happy that the Sens now have the O at centre ice. Their alternate jerseys from last year paired with their heritage classic jerseys would be a top 10 look for me. I've also noticed that the Sens' website has been predominantly using the O in place of their current logo. I'm getting the feeling that this year's jerseys are only going to last one season and that the barberpole jerseys will be worn full-time for 2018-19.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Red Wings ice, except new arena name it excatly the same:

DIqWtISXUAA5D5A.jpg

That goofy slogan in that horrible, dated font is perfect in a way, since Red Wings fans are going to need to hold on to their memories of the 1990s for dear life over the next decade or so.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived