NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBC Sports using the Mighty Ducks logo on the background for Getzlaf at media day in New York:

IMG_5344.thumb.JPG.a2b49e9d29b9c1dd0e7e588d6f01524d.JPG

Dont know if it actually means anything, but it's there.

Also, again, those damn collars... ugh

IMG_5345.PNG.542e0492b8c07192d7767107f730cd5e.PNG

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

32 minutes ago, Tyler Crowder said:

Found this on the hockey section of the Adidas site. A youth Jets jersey with some interesting striping. Obviously the Jets won't be changing their striping pattern any tome soon.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 4.08.54 PM.png

Judging by the sleeve cuffs and description, I think it's just a sweatshirt...but the striping used is indeed odd.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Judging by the sleeve cuffs and description, I think it's just a sweatshirt...but the striping used is indeed odd.

It's probably just some generic pattern that will be used for every team, but in the team colours.  Go to Walmart.ca right now and you can find sweat shirts where it's the same pattern for every team.  There have been jerseys made that you could buy at Canadian Tire and Walmart where the striping pattern is the same for all the teams, but in the team colours.

999999-190578828059.jpg?odnBound=460999999-190578828127.jpg?odnBound=460

1 minute ago, M4One said:

It's probably just some generic pattern that will be used for every team, but in the team colours.  Go to Walmart.ca right now and you can find sweat shirts where it's the same pattern for every team.  There have been jerseys made that you could buy at Canadian Tire and Walmart where the striping pattern is the same for all the teams, but in the team colours.

999999-190578828059.jpg?odnBound=460999999-190578828127.jpg?odnBound=460

That Montreal one looks really odd without white.

27 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Is it just me or did the orange stripe get even thinner? Talk about phasing out.

IMG_3490.JPG

The background they're using doesn't really scream "phasing out" orange to me.

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

NBC Sports using the Mighty Ducks logo on the background for Getzlaf at media day in New York:

IMG_5344.thumb.JPG.a2b49e9d29b9c1dd0e7e588d6f01524d.JPG

Dont know if it actually means anything, but it's there.

The only thing bugging me about this is that the sticks aren't orange. I get that this is what it looked like on the third jersey and why they did it that way and that was fine. But they already have a version of that logo with orange sticks in the identity, so it's not like they couldn't use that... right?

I dunno. Brand Guidelines gonna Brand Guideline.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

46 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The only thing bugging me about this is that the sticks aren't orange. I get that this is what it looked like on the third jersey and why they did it that way and that was fine. But they already have a version of that logo with orange sticks in the identity, so it's not like they couldn't use that... right?

I dunno. Brand Guidelines gonna Brand Guideline.

As I look more at the other teams set-ups for this, the secondary logo is on the floor runway with the primary on the wall.

The Ducks' D is on the floor while the Mighty logo is on the wall.

Dropping hints?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, henburg said:

One of the first looks at the Preds full set:

josi.jpg

I'm eager to see the aways now.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I like these for the most part. Main thing I don't like is actually the gold helmet. Make it navy again and I'd be happy. 

Archived