NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Is it just me or did the orange stripe get even thinner? Talk about phasing out.

IMG_3490.JPG

Going a little off topic, but I'm getting kind of excited to see what NBC's got up their sleeves with these backgrounds. There's been some cool things for each team they've been pulling out

DJEEZSXXcAUI3F9.jpg

DJEWwzZUEAAv8Mv.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

26 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Their new set is a blue outline away from perfection.

But WHY is their gear black?! It doesn't make sense. It really should be blue, THAT would be perfection. I'm sure it's black because when the Nordiques relocated, the team didn't have time to prepare blue pants and helmets. But 20 years later, they should have fixed it.

Do you guys think there is a legitimate chance the Jets go to the Heritage Classic set full-time? I know ownership is focused on building their own brand as the Jets 2.0, but obviously nostalgia is really popular among fans, and we've seen vintage sets become primary looks before.

8 hours ago, Ti-Nick said:

But WHY is their gear black?! It doesn't make sense. It really should be blue, THAT would be perfection. I'm sure it's black because when the Nordiques relocated, the team didn't have time to prepare blue pants and helmets. But 20 years later, they should have fixed it.

I know this is one of the long debated things for NHL uniforms, but using the blue they have on the jersey for the pants would look terrible. Burgundy probably wouldn't look as great either. To me there are only two ways that really work, and that's either

A. balance the black out with some black on the jersey (other than just numbers).  It worked great on the original sets. 

B. Darken the blue overall to navy. 

While led the new adidas set is a monumental step back in the right direction, it does appear to be off a little on the color balance all the way around as an expense of simplifying the design. 

16 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Countoured stripe works wonders for the Flyers jerseys 

IMG_2805.JPG

I think it looks terrible. The numbers should be flush with the hem stripe, which they can't be here because it dips in the middle. The solution isn't for the stripe to follow the curve of the hem, it's for there not to be a curve at all, as hockey sweaters lacked for years and years without incident, as actual non-hockey sweaters lack as well. It's such a contrivance.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

I think it looks terrible. The numbers should be flush with the hem stripe, which they can't be here because it dips in the middle. The solution isn't for the stripe to follow the curve of the hem, it's for there not to be a curve at all, as hockey sweaters lacked for years and years without incident, as civilian sweaters lack as well. It's such a contrivance.

I mean the curved hem is not ideal, but I'd take this over the awkward looking tail that the Reebok jersey created. Ultimately, I wish they'd go back to a stright hem.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

14 hours ago, Ti-Nick said:

There's black in their logo (the puck). Now that the team finally listened to their fans, they cannot use navy anymore, now that they eliminated it from their primary color scheme. They don't need yet another color addition onto their color palette which is already filled to capacity. Blue pants would look awful. It would destroy the look of the moutain pattern stripe at the waist. I'm fine with black because although they use many colors, it's a nice looking combo with team history behind it.

IMG_2475.thumb.JPG.2b8aeb187fda0ba1a52bfd7639b8fbe0.JPG

Seth Jones pants still have the Blue cuff. A previous photo shoot had him in plain red breezes. I love the new socks. Hate the collar. When is the 100th logo coming off the sleeve? January 1? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

17 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

When is the 100th logo coming off the sleeve? January 1? 

Correct. Teams will wear it through the end of the calendar year, just as teams wore them from the start of the calendar year.

It's dumb. It's ugly. It's NHL.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived