NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

This'll take some getting used to. 

I know the yellow socks are traditional but if we look at those uniforms in a vacuum, the striping does match much better, so its not really a downgrade. I really do think dropping the black outline on the numbers was a massive improvement though.

Yeah. The Bruins socks aren't awful, but not great either. I was expecting the road ones to look better but I feel like they're worse. The black outlined in gold matched the shoulder yokes which helped balance the uniform. Sure they match the hem/arms out but meh. 

The venue they're playing at probably helps this impression, but the Avalanche look like a rec league team that decided to dress like the Avalanche, but they got the jerseys from Kobe instead of CCM, and the local shop didn't have the Avs' numeral font, so they went with what was closest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm not necessarily a traditionalist which I guess is why I don't mind the Bruins' black socks. I always though the yellow socks were a bit much anyway.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The venue they're playing at probably helps this impression, but the Avalanche look like a rec league team that decided to dress like the Avalanche, but they got the jerseys from Kobe instead of CCM, and the local shop didn't have the Avs' numeral font, so they went with what was closest.

Their fans and the majority of posters on here disagree.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The new Avalanche home jerseys are absolutely beautiful.  I hope they never change again.  Add a blue outline to the road uniforms and the set is perfect.

Just the road?

Me I like the simplified outline stripes. The new jerseys are a nice modernized evolution of their classic jerseys. I'm not sure how that would work because simpler is usually better nowadays. 

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

I'm not necessarily a traditionalist which I guess is why I don't mind the Bruins' black socks. I always though the yellow socks were a bit much anyway.

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

Their fans and the majority of posters on here disagree.

Archived