NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Devils fan, I'm still in such disbelief over this jersey. I've got my Edge Hischier #13. This will be the last Devils jersey I purchase until what was broken is fixed.

I saw them during those rookie games. It's just a cheap practice jersey. It's empty and less of a jersey. Where's the rest of it?

They are actually going to go forward and wear these in 2017-2018. Have we actually pinpointed whose idea this was within the organization? Do they hear what the fans are saying? Are the wheels in motion to bring back the jerseys that the fans are demanding?

10 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

As a Devils fan, I'm still in such disbelief over this jersey. I've got my Edge Hischier #13. This will be the last Devils jersey I purchase until what was broken is fixed.

I saw them during those rookie games. It's just a cheap practice jersey. It's empty and less of a jersey. Where's the rest of it?

They are actually going to go forward and wear these in 2017-2018. Have we actually pinpointed whose idea this was within the organization? Do they hear what the fans are saying? Are the wheels in motion to bring back the jerseys that the fans are demanding?

This was their response. 

DC0InpMVwAET71H.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the CapiLals are still exceptionally bad. I can't think of anyone else looking worse than them at the present. Maybe Calgary or Ottawa. Maybe.

Oh no they're all alone at the very,very, bottom of the trash.

Small observation on the Adidas practice jerseys...

Anyone else notice that the font used for the team name in the circle around the logo is that respective team's player name font?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On 9/11/2017 at 6:25 PM, B-mer said:

Maybe the Bruins should do what the Preds did with the gold helmet. Wear the black socks occasionally but the gold socks are primary.  

Maybe the Preds aren't an organization to be taking aesthetic cues from, right now? Because "occasional ugly/subpar uniform choice" became a full-time deal, with the helmets.

Of the three uniform decisions made by Nashville, the past two seasons, two were bad. Only the road jersey was a forward move.

Notice the guy saying this has a Preds avatar.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 9/12/2017 at 1:24 AM, CRichardson said:

Knowing Jeremy Jacobs and even knowing that the Bruins' numbers are screen-printed, I wouldn't be surprised if the simplifying of the numbers on the Bruins' jerseys was meant as a cost-saving measure.

That might be a stretch, but these numbers and letters are at least half the weight of the old ones since they’re one layer instead of three. The on-ice numbers are sublimated, not screen-printed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That might be a stretch, but these numbers and letters are at least half the weight of the old ones since they’re one layer instead of three. The on-ice numbers are sublimated, not screen-printed.

Yeah, they've been a sublimated (I stand corrected) single layer since the Edge switch. Before, they were two-layer twill with the third color between the two screen-printed on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

20 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

845409404-nhl-sep-10-rookie-tournament-m

God knows why they decided to keep that template but this is still a monumental improvement over what they've worn for the past 10 years, especially since they ditched that awful number font.  With striping similar to the inaugural set, this could have looked really sharp.  It's a shame the team has to throw the baby out with the bathwater and go with the far less interesting "=0=" when the fix is that simple.

Archived