NHL 2017-18

Bmac

23 hours ago, Morgo said:

God knows why they decided to keep that template but this is still a monumental improvement over what they've worn for the past 10 years, especially since they ditched that awful number font.  With striping similar to the inaugural set, this could have looked really sharp.  It's a shame the team has to throw the baby out with the bathwater and go with the far less interesting "=0=" when the fix is that simple.

While the font change is definitely and upgrade, on the whole these are even worse than what they were wearing before. 

The old look was a template-y mess, but at least it was a template designed for the Edge jerseys. Now the side panels don't even connect with the underarm panel. It's just a floating blob of colour. 

I also thought the collars might look better in full gear, but they really don't. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ark said:

Los Angeles Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

I still hate that there is a hockey club in Las Vegas...excuse me, Vegas...but I really can't hate those uniforms. I try to because I want to hate everything Vegas Golden Knights but i find myself liking the colors and uniforms more and more. They have essentially brought back the 80s/early 90s Canucks colors. I don't even hate the white gloves with the white sweater. 

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

While the font change is definitely and upgrade, on the whole these are even worse than what they were wearing before. 

The old look was a template-y mess, but at least it was a template designed for the Edge jerseys. Now the side panels don't even connect with the underarm panel. It's just a floating blob of colour. 

I also thought the collars might look better in full gear, but they really don't. 

I'm glad the side panels are no longer connected to the underarm panels, lets things breathe.  I'm also happy they've significantly shrunk in size and no longer overlap with the numbers.  I agree with you about the collars though.  Those are just awful.

Random question...was on Mitchell and Ness site and saw they have 2 different 1997 Lindros Flyers jerseys. One is "Orange" and the other is "Burnt Orange" Why are there 2 different versions and which one is correct?

http://shop.nhl.com/Jerseys/Mens_Philadelphia_Flyers_Eric_Lindros_Mitchell_And_Ness_Burnt_Orange_Authentic_Vintage_Jersey

http://shop.nhl.com/Jerseys/Mens_Philadelphia_Flyers_Eric_Lindros_Mitchell_And_Ness_Orange_Throwback_Authentic_Vintage_Jersey

ff_2308427alt1_full.jpg&w=600 ff_1386141_xl.jpg&w=600

8 hours ago, Ark said:

Los Angeles Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

Red used only as a subtle accent is the way to go. The gold does pop. The black and the grey are used just right as well. I don't know how successful they're going to be, but those uniforms are absolutely beautiful.

1 minute ago, daniel75 said:

My only real problem is the ornament design on the sleeves and logo. Fortunately it's not noticeable from a distance.

Why don’t you like this?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it's strange for such a feature not to be represented in digital graphics (unless it is now; it wasn't when the embroidery debuted). Like, it's either part of the logo or it isn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I think it's strange for such a feature not to be represented in digital graphics (unless it is now; it wasn't when the embroidery debuted). Like, it's either part of the logo or it isn't.

Makes sense. I disagree because I don’t think it adds much (other than extra colors and complexity) at small size or when executed in flat media, but when executed in large scale and in textured, dimensional media, it adds a lot of richness and depth. It’s not part of the logo, but it’s part of the *crest,* and that makes it much more engaging.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the specifics of the Adidas socks has been discussed.  Are there any new/different materials or construction in the Adidas socks versus the Reebok ones?  From some Traverse City Tournament photos it looks like some seams may have moved, but that could be just players wearing them crooked.  Anybody have any insight?

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Makes sense. I disagree because I don’t think it adds much (other than extra colors and complexity) at small size or when executed in flat media, but when executed in large scale and in textured, dimensional media, it adds a lot of richness and depth. It’s not part of the logo, but it’s part of the *crest,* and that makes it much more engaging.

Great points!

we wouldn't expect the details of the Blackhawks crest to appear in their flat logo. 

2 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the specifics of the Adidas socks has been discussed.  Are there any new/different materials or construction in the Adidas socks versus the Reebok ones?  From some Traverse City Tournament photos it looks like some seams may have moved, but that could be just players wearing them crooked.  Anybody have any insight?

The adidas socks will all be cut resistant.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

3 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

good look at engelland in grey helmet and jersey. I've never seen a dark grey helmet before in hockey.

Pretty sure it's a new color. Bauer has had a line where you can make a custom helmet for a while and grey hasn't ever been an option. 

Archived