NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Great points!

we wouldn't expect the details of the Blackhawks crest to appear in their flat logo. 

The "details" of the Hawks' logo are a consequence of the chain-stitching, not logo details in and of themselves. The ornamentation in the Knights' logo is just something that's added on in one application of the logo but not another. I know there are little quirks like this across sports (the Flyers' crest with the outline in graphics but not crests comes to mind) but I don't like them. Branding is supposed to be too sophisticated for that now. If you add this stuff to the physical crest, the graphics should reflect it, too. The flourishes are tacky and faux-opulent in a very Las Vegas way, embrace it across the board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The "details" of the Hawks' logo are a consequence of the chain-stitching, not logo details in and of themselves. The ornamentation in the Knights' logo is just something that's added on in one application of the logo but not another. I know there are little quirks like this across sports (the Flyers' crest with the outline in graphics but not crests comes to mind) but I don't like them. Branding is supposed to be too sophisticated for that now. If you add this stuff to the physical crest, the graphics should reflect it, too. The flourishes are tacky and faux-opulent in a very Las Vegas way, embrace it across the board.

Well, maybe those details *are* on the print and web logo. You would never know either way because they’re black details on a black background. :-)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Bruins should never not wear the yellow socks. That is their thing. They should've redesigned the striping in 07 to match the jerseys stripes when the EDGE came out, but at least the color was correct. 

The new white socks with stripes that match the white jerseys stripes are an improvement, but the yellow socks didn't need to be sacrificed in order to achieve that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Just saw this today... They are doing a Media day, I'm confused... Why white helmet??  

I love the gloves, but the helmet is going to be white too? :huh:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.53.37 PM.png

Oh man, the helmet looks stranger than the gloves. That's saying a lot!

Just in, here's are several images of the Fanatics replicas via twitter... 

Look like VGK won't be having the sagebrush on the gold part of the sleeves, the NHL shield isn't chrome. 

Why put the stupid tag between the lines on the hem? It look awful! 

DJy7GeNW0Acei9G.jpg-large.jpeg

DJy9KxjVYAEm6X_.jpg-large.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ark said:

IMG_1745.JPG.bc9202bf323ea683cc7c17b521f

vs.

patrice-bergeron-nhl-preseason-new-york-

???

Can we split the difference and get primarily yellow socks in the top design?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

15 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Can we split the difference and get primarily yellow socks in the top design?

Pretty much what most want. The numbers are at worst a lateral move, but the socks make a big difference. Only other thing I've seen is the captain C looks too compressed for a block font. Almost circular. 

Archived