Bmac

NHL 2017-18

3 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

good look at engelland in grey helmet and jersey. I've never seen a dark grey helmet before in hockey.

Pretty sure it's a new color. Bauer has had a line where you can make a custom helmet for a while and grey hasn't ever been an option. 

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Great points!

we wouldn't expect the details of the Blackhawks crest to appear in their flat logo. 

The "details" of the Hawks' logo are a consequence of the chain-stitching, not logo details in and of themselves. The ornamentation in the Knights' logo is just something that's added on in one application of the logo but not another. I know there are little quirks like this across sports (the Flyers' crest with the outline in graphics but not crests comes to mind) but I don't like them. Branding is supposed to be too sophisticated for that now. If you add this stuff to the physical crest, the graphics should reflect it, too. The flourishes are tacky and faux-opulent in a very Las Vegas way, embrace it across the board.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but it seems like the white gloves for Vegas might be for road only and it'll be black at home.  As unique as the white gloves might be, I hope Vegas abandons them rather quickly.

getty-27.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The "details" of the Hawks' logo are a consequence of the chain-stitching, not logo details in and of themselves. The ornamentation in the Knights' logo is just something that's added on in one application of the logo but not another. I know there are little quirks like this across sports (the Flyers' crest with the outline in graphics but not crests comes to mind) but I don't like them. Branding is supposed to be too sophisticated for that now. If you add this stuff to the physical crest, the graphics should reflect it, too. The flourishes are tacky and faux-opulent in a very Las Vegas way, embrace it across the board.

Well, maybe those details *are* on the print and web logo. You would never know either way because they’re black details on a black background. :-)

The Bruins should never not wear the yellow socks. That is their thing. They should've redesigned the striping in 07 to match the jerseys stripes when the EDGE came out, but at least the color was correct. 

The new white socks with stripes that match the white jerseys stripes are an improvement, but the yellow socks didn't need to be sacrificed in order to achieve that. 

18 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Why don’t you like this?

I'm just not a fan of ornaments. They look tacky and a bit dainty imo.

I love sparkly uniform material. It was really popular in the NHL in the late 90s-early 00s, but sadly has become less prominent... until now. 

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Well, maybe those details *are* on the print and web logo. You would never know either way because they’re black details on a black background. :-)

l3n9iAK.png.9f589d06ae49f82974e7e335abd31a6a.png

5 hours ago, Ark said:

IMG_1745.JPG.bc9202bf323ea683cc7c17b521f

vs.

patrice-bergeron-nhl-preseason-new-york-

???

The Canes fixed their jersey issues. I don't even mind the different striping patterns.

The Bruins ruined their perfect look, when there were no issues to begin with.

Just saw this today... They are doing a Media day, I'm confused... Why white helmet??  

I love the gloves, but the helmet is going to be white too? :huh:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.53.37 PM.png

6 minutes ago, Shachihoko said:

Just saw this today... They are doing a Media day, I'm confused... Why white helmet??  

I love the gloves, but the helmet is going to be white too? :huh:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.53.37 PM.png

Oh man, the helmet looks stranger than the gloves. That's saying a lot!

Just in, here's are several images of the Fanatics replicas via twitter... 

Look like VGK won't be having the sagebrush on the gold part of the sleeves, the NHL shield isn't chrome. 

Why put the stupid tag between the lines on the hem? It look awful! 

DJy7GeNW0Acei9G.jpg-large.jpeg

DJy9KxjVYAEm6X_.jpg-large.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ark said:

IMG_1745.JPG.bc9202bf323ea683cc7c17b521f

vs.

patrice-bergeron-nhl-preseason-new-york-

???

Can we split the difference and get primarily yellow socks in the top design?

5 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Something mirroring the yoke might look nice, maybe just get rid of the yellow at the bottom or top of the old sock.

15 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Pretty much what most want. The numbers are at worst a lateral move, but the socks make a big difference. Only other thing I've seen is the captain C looks too compressed for a block font. Almost circular.