NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bowld said:

Saw on reddit that Fanatics jerseys use sublimated crests. Guess it's authentic for me

Oh, this whole thing just gets better and better. The market on team issued and game worn is going to be nuts.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 hours ago, bowld said:

Saw on reddit that Fanatics jerseys use sublimated crests. Guess it's authentic for me

Is it me, or are the Toronto, Vegas, and Dallas crests not sublimated?  It's a shame they did it for Carolina. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the fanatics jersey. I just hate they made it the "replica" option. 

I'd gladly pay, say, 120/150 for this jersey if sold as the budget option(like NFL game jerseys)

To to sell at the same price/slightly higher than the old replica, no thank you. Sucks, and they're getting what they want, I have to buy the replica being sold as an authentic. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Watching the Canucks/Kings pre-season game right now and I don't know if its just me, but it almost looks as if where the stripes sit on the sleeves have moved up and the blue cuffs are longer than the past for the Canucks.  I checked pictures of the Reebok jerseys vs Adidas and there does seem to be a difference.

canucks-jersey-3-1024x1024.pnghvanrbkrr_f1200.jpg

7 hours ago, bowld said:

Believe they are all sublimated. Leafs will be harder to tell since it's just 1 color. Dallas jersey looks stitched but once zoomed in you can see its all flat just like Carolina 

We can literally see the stitching on the Stars and Leafs unis.  Zoom in on the Stars jersey, look at the silver outline.  It's clearly stitched.  Maybe one-layer twill, but it's not sublimated.

The sublimated Hurricanes logo could be the youth jersey, which isn't uncommon.  Just a thought.

The edging of this Leafs jersey clearly has stitches.  Again, maybe one-layer twill...but clearly not sublimated.

IMG_4923.thumb.JPG.0291ccd1344bd43658c21

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

45 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

After seeing what Adidas and Fanatics have done to the market, I am really glad I got a Reebok replica last season.

Same here. Even got my Kings jersey customized at Lids Locker Room...all for a total of $140. (I purchased the jersey before the deep markdowns)

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

41 minutes ago, M4One said:

Watching the Canucks/Kings pre-season game right now and I don't know if its just me, but it almost looks as if where the stripes sit on the sleeves have moved up and the blue cuffs are longer than the past for the Canucks.  I checked pictures of the Reebok jerseys vs Adidas and there does seem to be a difference.

canucks-jersey-3-1024x1024.pnghvanrbkrr_f1200.jpg

Watching the game too and it almost looks like the hem stripe is thicker on the adidas sweaters.

23 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

You can't wear white helmets with a dark jersey.   There's literally a screenshot of the gray helmet in this page people..:

I don't know if it's an NHL rule, but Team USA does it at almost every international tournament.

Likewise, Canada always wears their black helmet with everything.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived