Bmac

NHL 2017-18

jerseyjunk    63
6 hours ago, insert name said:

What's the difference between the on-ice jerseys and the "authentic's" they're selling?

I would think these authentics are the same as indo edge jerseys.

Just Google: "indo edge vs edge 2.0"

OMMF    71
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

We can literally see the stitching on the Stars and Leafs unis.  Zoom in on the Stars jersey, look at the silver outline.  It's clearly stitched.  Maybe one-layer twill, but it's not sublimated.

The sublimated Hurricanes logo could be the youth jersey, which isn't uncommon.  Just a thought.

The edging of this Leafs jersey clearly has stitches.  Again, maybe one-layer twill...but clearly not sublimated.

That's because that's an altered photo. No jerseys will have a Fanatics jock tag with Adidas neck info.

Sodboy13    2,638

Youth jerseys don't have neck laces, either.

Chromatic    391

848057862_slide.jpg

Not a fan of the thinner blue/thicker green stripes on the Canucks socks. I get it matches the hemstripes better but I thought the colours were balanced better before when they matched the striping on the pants.

Shachihoko    61
10 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

848057862_slide.jpg

Not a fan of the thinner blue/thicker green stripes on the Canucks socks. I get it matches the hemstripes better but I thought the colours were balanced better before when they matched the striping on the pants.

It doesn't bother me... I don't usually pay attention to the socks.. 

Bayne    175
On 16/09/2017 at 7:03 AM, Shachihoko said:

DJy9KxjVYAEm6X_.jpg-large.jpeg

Lol. That collar. I would only maybe buy one of these adizero jerseys or whatever they're called, if the collar was the same colour as the jersey ala CBJ. But I'm a Canucks fan so I won't.

Chromatic    391
3 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Lol. That collar. I would only maybe buy one of these adizero jerseys or whatever they're called, if the collar was the same colour as the jersey ala CBJ. But I'm a Canucks fan so I won't.

Most of the stores around Van had their old Edge jerseys on sale to make way for the new Adidas ones. I scooped one up because I have zero interest in one of the adidas cuts.

ElwoodCuse    105
13 hours ago, insert name said:

What's the difference between the on-ice jerseys and the "authentic's" they're selling?

Quick answer, they are made in Canada instead of Indonesia and have better quality fabric, crests, sewing, and fight straps.

This was true even last year before they stuck a fight strap on a replica, jacked up the price and called it an authentic.

WSU151    2,535
7 hours ago, OMMF said:

That's because that's an altered photo. No jerseys will have a Fanatics jock tag with Adidas neck info.

Ok, good point.  But the Stars' logo still has sewn edges with Fanatics jock tag and Fanatics neck info.

6 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

Quick answer, they are made in Canada instead of Indonesia and have better quality fabric, crests, sewing, and fight straps.

This was true even last year before they stuck a fight strap on a replica, jacked up the price and called it an authentic.

Can you verify these claims? Have you examined and compared a retail adizero jersey with an on-ice model?

bowld    564
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ok, good point.  But the Stars' logo still has sewn edges with Fanatics jock tag and Fanatics neck info.

The crest on Fanatics jerseys is indeed a patch but the patch itself is sublimated. Think of it as how the shoulder patches were on the reebok premier. 

24 minutes ago, bowld said:

The crest on Fanatics jerseys is indeed a patch but the patch itself is sublimated. Think of it as how the shoulder patches were on the reebok premier. 

I think he’s referring to the fact that if you zoom in on the Dallas and Vegas replicas, you can clearly see they’re embroidered, not a sublimated patch like the Carolina one.

WSU151    2,535
28 minutes ago, bowld said:

The Stars' crest looks like it could be screen-printed tackle twill, as the silver is too metallic for it to be sublimated.  There is a difference between screen-printing and sublimation.

spartacat_12    177
12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

848057862_slide.jpg

They should've done things the other way around and changed the sleeve/gen striping to match the socks. The thicker outlines would be a big improvement.

Shachihoko    61

What the heck is going on with the Fanatics Ottawa jersey??! It look like they are using Reebok's old template of the collar design, instead of the Adidas...

Also it look like the crest isn't sublimated either....

This is getting to be confusing...

IMG_9503.JPG

RedRenesis    31
19 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

I don't know if it's an NHL rule, but Team USA does it at almost every international tournament.

Likewise, Canada always wears their black helmet with everything.

The NHL does have a rule for it.  In international play the helmet color is declared and doesn't switch home to road. 

Sodboy13    2,638
5 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

What the heck is going on with the Fanatics Ottawa jersey??! It look like they are using Reebok's old template of the collar design, instead of the Adidas...

Also it look like the crest isn't sublimated either....

This is getting to be confusing...

IMG_9503.JPG

This jersey makes no sense, and not in the way Senators jersey have made no sense for the past 10 years.

tohasbo    144
15 hours ago, coltravesty said:

I'm seeing alot of people complain about the price of adidas jersey, but its cheaper than reebok equivalent is it not?

Oh no.  It is more. 

Blank "Authentics" are $180
Player "Authentics are $225
Customized "Authentics" are $250

These prices are all the adidas versions.  Not sure on the Fanatics ones.   

BUT these prices are far better than what was initially rumoured.