NHL 2017-18

Bmac

24 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

What were the standard, non-sale prices for the Reebok authentics?

MSRP was right under $300. We rarely sold any, most coming on a special order by customer request, and priced them at $275 I believe. This was for what is known as the Indo-Edge. 

On the rare occasion we got some team issues from the Lightning, they were priced at $299 and we couldn't keep them in stock when we had them. 

Customization ranged anywhere from $30-$100 depending on the material and authenticity requested by the customer. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

From what I've read, it sounds like the indo-zero's are basically Reebok Premiers with a fight strap. Won't be purchasing one until the Canadian-made authentics are made available.

From what I have heard, that is not happening right now.  

I dd try on the uniforms and the Adidas "authentics" do feel like the Reebok Premiers. Also, if you wanted to even though there's not much to do with them, you can't do anything with the tie-down collars. The laces are attached to the inside and are unable to move.

XM4KeeA.png

FWIW, the "authentic" Adi-zero Avs jersey I looked at (inside the store at Pepsi Center) had fully embroidered sleeve patches unlike the Reebok Premiers. They looked like the difference between a replica and a true on ice authentic (I called it a pseudo-authentic). I really wish they were made in Canada :(.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

The Avalanche kept the blue stripe on the away sock:

cut.jpeg

Is that the old numeral font on the helmets?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

27 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Which is very unfortunate. I'm sure within the next two years they will be made available. The same thing happened with the Reebok Edge jerseys when they first came out

For me, I just can't justify spending the $300+ or whatever it will be on the Canadian made authentics.  Other than the fight strap and patches, I don't see that much of a difference to the jerseys

17 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Is that the old numeral font on the helmets?

Looks to be the new font, as the bottom of the 3 is more curved than the prior font.  Will have to see more pictures.

Hopefully the outlines of the numbers look way better in person, because the silver gets lost on the torso and the blue gets lost on the sleeves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/16/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ben in LA said:

Same here. Even got my Kings jersey customized at Lids Locker Room...all for a total of $140. (I purchased the jersey before the deep markdowns)

Good call.  It looks really weird to have the piping cross the collarbone, instead of ending into the neck.  CLB and WSH have the same issue.

The Avs should have kept the old numbers or designed altogether new numbers. These look just a little off and I don't like it, especially the vanishing silver outline between black and white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Avs should have kept the old numbers or designed altogether new numbers. These look just a little off and I don't like it, especially the vanishing silver outline between black and white.

I agree.  I like the old numbers with the blue and silver outlines.  Would help add in some blue to the jersey and tie in the socks better.

6 hours ago, tohasbo said:

The blanks went for around $140

Player replicas went for $180

IF you could find them, the authentics were anywhere between $250-$325

6 hours ago, twi said:

MSRP was right under $300. We rarely sold any, most coming on a special order by customer request, and priced them at $275 I believe. This was for what is known as the Indo-Edge. 

On the rare occasion we got some team issues from the Lightning, they were priced at $299 and we couldn't keep them in stock when we had them. 

Customization ranged anywhere from $30-$100 depending on the material and authenticity requested by the customer. 

So, based on the prices posted earlier, the adizero authentic, at $180/$225/$250 *is* less expensive than the Reebok authentic, either the Indo or Canadian version?

6 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

From what I've read, it sounds like the indo-zero's are basically Reebok Premiers with a fight strap. Won't be purchasing one until the Canadian-made authentics are made available.

That’s a bit of an exaggeration, in my opinion. The differences you’ll find are the fit of the retail is more universal and less articulated for hockey-specific movement, and some of the pieces that are sublimated on the players’ jerseys (neck prints, single-layer/multi-color numbers for the teams that use them) are a more crisp screen print on the retail jersey. Crests and patches are typically the same. The adizero is not a beefed up replica like a premier or swingman. You’re not going to find the embroidery replaced by significantly simpler applications.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived