NHL 2017-18

Bmac

Hey guys I just got back from the VGK practice rink and The Arsenal team store. 

I have photos of side by side comparison to VGK Fanatics and Authentic jerseys. You can see the difference on the quality, and hands down the Fanatics are awful... their crest have this unusual soft material with horizontal lines across it. 

The pricing for the blank authentic are $180 and Fanatics at $120

Left side - Retail Authentic                                               Right side- Fanatics

IMG_9563.thumb.JPG.f711ef6a2d11574c116bb54d1e28b86b.JPGIMG_9564.thumb.JPG.2258f72086b8c49a78d53a814e1ae4bb.JPG

IMG_9565.thumb.JPG.c9431805c8e037fca38b687824b8e9de.JPG

Upclose images of the Fanatics jersey

IMG_9520.thumb.JPG.4f36558400850dae3efa148194687c71.JPGIMG_9521.thumb.JPG.f480ef3e404db0511b9c3761f8ff63e2.JPGIMG_9522.thumb.JPG.12940c040be35d7dc2526423246b1bc6.JPGIMG_9523.thumb.JPG.9b19f4dcf86d3f94e387d4027259f39c.JPG

Yep, I have to say those Fanatics are garbage... The whole crest part really kills the jersey, the material with the horizontal lines pattern is unusually soft, cheap-like fabric with a lighter shade of grey... Nothing like the one on the left that normally what's NHL provided for the teams. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Which is very unfortunate. I'm sure within the next two years they will be made available. The same thing happened with the Reebok Edge jerseys when they first came out

When Reebok first took over, the original made in Canada Edge jerseys, now known as the Edge 1.0, were made available to fans. These co tinted to be sold to fans for a few years, while the players began wearing the Edge 2.0 about halfway into the first season of the Edge jerseys. A couple of years later, Reebok began selling the Indo Edge jersey to fans as their authentics. It was a couple of years after that when the 2.0 became available to fans.

That said, all of these retail options look like crap if you are used to the on ice authentics. I will be buying game worn/ issued from the teams I am interested in.

3 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

baseball jerseys are over 300 right now. People need to chill out. I think the prices are right on the money. Fanatics is the option for the cheap.

They just charge what they can get. The materials used on the actual authentics do not cost $300. We pay for the licensing, not the material. 

1 minute ago, bowld said:

Thanks for the Vegas pictures. Eager to see images of the retail road authentic 

The retail road is the exact same as the home, just only in white... I didn't think it would be necessary to take pictures of it... But, what I did is pretty important, because we need to see the difference between the two jerseys in retail. :) 

48 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

baseball jerseys are over 300 right now. People need to chill out. I think the prices are right on the money. Fanatics is the option for the cheap.

The "cheap" is the same price as the higher-quality (but still not great!) jersey sold last year, and costs 50% more than the even better replica jersey sold 10 years ago. If you're that itchy to give up your money, I'll send you a link to my PayPal.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Avalanche kept the blue stripe on the away sock:

cut.jpeg

Good news.  Now they need to extend that treatment to the rest of the uniform.  And get rid of any instance of the burgundy and blue touching...  Did the previous home jerseys teach them nothing?

I went to the Canucks team store today to check out the new adidas jerseys, While looking around I saw this new 'C' logo on a couple shirts.

It's entirely likely its just going to remain an unused tertiary logo to sell merch, much like the interlocking 'VC' that can still be found on lots of things yet never graced a uniform. Or its a one off fashion thing made by mitchell and ness.

Pretty bland regardless.

IMG_0099.jpg

ok u got me. The Oilers definitely didn't throw away brand equity at the most inopportune time and definitely didn't do a lazy point-and-click recolor job. I love that the team whose dynasty had the best player of all time is dressing like one year of their crappy WHA existence instead. Go Oilers. Goilers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived