NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Morgo said:

They still look like the Oilers and their uniform treatment represents the best possible scenario if they must go orange.

I don't see why they must. The Blackhawks crapped all over their own history for ten years without having to change their colors. The Oilers didn't have to in '96 and especially didn't have to now. They screwed up badly. No one's changing my mind on this. ~fin~

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/17/2017 at 5:50 PM, coltravesty said:

I'm seeing alot of people complain about the price of adidas jersey, but its cheaper than reebok equivalent is it not?

Not really because no one bought "retail authentics" and the default regular jersey now costs $225 at least. I paid less than that last season for a Crosby jersey from the Penguins team store with the numbers stitched (not printed) and the 50th and 100 patches.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Loving the Oilers road set. The Orange will be novel for a bit but should be blue. I like the navy. I think navy and orange is a good blend of eras and starts something new for McDavid and co. 

And is it just me, or do these jerseys look boxier?  I guess it makes sense with the cut compared to a lot of the Edge cuts, but man. Washington especially. 

Yea the piping on Washington and LA really do not translate well to the new template. On the RBK jerseys at least the piping went all the way up to the collar by the shoulder. Thew new piping is too low and just seems to awkwardly cut off at the NHL logo on the collar. It feels incomplete. 

2 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Yea the piping on Washington and LA really do not translate well to the new template. On the RBK jerseys at least the piping went all the way up to the collar by the shoulder. Thew new piping is too low and just seems to awkwardly cut off at the NHL logo on the collar. It feels incomplete. 

Those 2 teams along with the Jackets missed a chance to make a change. We'll see what comes in the next few years but piping has to go.

16 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

If the Devils had the thicker stripes on the hems then this would be a pretty good upgrade for the Devils...

While I'm with you that it could use hem stripes, I'm not seeing how it could ever be an upgrade.  The boxy yoke and thick stripes give me a sense that they're mimicking some of the outdoor game looks.  I suppose if you like that, you could call it "hem stripes away from an upgrade."  I certainly do not. And if I was on the fence, the deciding factor would be that this is a team that's essentially had one uniform since they replaced green in favor of black.  Moreso than even most Original-6 teams, they did not need to change for new manufacturer's sake.  It just seems like change just because (or maybe to sell more jerseys).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived