Bmac

NHL 2017-18

The NHL really dropped the ball by not having the Canadiens follow the Avalanche and Devils and honor the Colorado Rockies. After all, the Canadiens did play the Rockies a few times and should probably honor their existence because of that.

So, I use a red light filter at night when im reading these boards in my bed before I go to sleep. With the filter on, the Oilers look exactly like the sabres should be looking, besides switching the logos.

BzBR_TDR2qd8FAbOKcS7qJmr5ZqTJWP0bCLzZYzx

zENxLsx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fColorado in home burgundy vs. Vegas road whites is beautiful. 2 of my favorite new unis going head to head 

Sighhhhhhh...

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 11.29.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 11.29.28 PM.png

22 minutes ago, bowld said:

zENxLsx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fColorado in home burgundy vs. Vegas road whites is beautiful. 2 of my favorite new unis going head to head 

That's a great looking matchup, I love the color contrast. Vegas' gold really pops on the ice and I think that white gloves turned out really nice. 

21 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Sighhhhhhh...

It's not too late, guys. You can just say there was a mix-up at the factory and go back to dressing properly, and no one will notice, because you're the Devils.

Finally got a look at the B's w/ black socks:

636414513786937167-SI-20170919-lbm-ad7-02.jpg.32cb92dd17f06802282ab9139d51e1c4.jpg

636414513790213188-AP-Red-Wings-Bruins-Hockey-M-2-.jpg.ea13152e3d92e907b9f5bd56f02b98ec.jpg

It's really... not quite as bad as i thought it was gonna be. But something still feels off. Modern. It's too modern. I mean It's still top 3 in the league, but with less integrity. Definitely a mistake.

Those new numbers don't look half bad though.

Boston is a huge downgrade. No other way to describe it. Yellow socks were there thing. Now they just look like the pens when it comes to socks and numbers 

Boston's sock being virtually identical to Pittsburgh's is so irritating.

Both teams have their socks completely wrong, though.

Boston's should be yellow. However, i think they should have flipped the black and white in the previous yellow socks, which would have created a bit more consistency with the arm striping (having it always go black-white-black when inside of yellow, if that makes sense).

Pittsburgh's should be identical to their arm striping on the dark uniform, with the yellow extending down to the bottom of the sock.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, underrated huge upgrade, the blue jackets number font, was watching them a bit this afternoon and I think the numbers look fantastic. 

However, and this has definitely been mentioned, the new blue socks don't look good at all on TV. It's an example of design consistency being good "in theory" but the thin white and red stripes barely show up, and i noticed that they were so thin that they were being completely covered by players sock tape in a lot of instances, creating some weird inconsistencies.

I didn't like the blue jackets old socks either, but the stripes on these should be much thicker.

I don't mind the new Bruins socks, but as I look at these game photos I'm not so keen on them. They remind me somewhat of a semi-pro team cosplaying as the Bruins. There's too much black and not enough colour contrast like before. If they must stick with these socks then maybe adding a yellow stripe to the pants would make up for it, but then again that would be even more wrong.

Devils - Absolute garbage

Boston's socks - Garbage

Blue Jackets' socks - Garbage

Nashville's road look - Absolute garbage

Avalanche - Beautiful

Vegas' road look - Actually pretty damned good

3 hours ago, nash61 said:

Sighhhhhhh...

Needs to see the same fate as the Fisherman and Buffaslug uniforms.  The sooner the better.

The Devils uniforms aren't bad. They're just a downgrade from their classics. They're different, but not different enough to justify it. Maybe this is a 'New Coke' type thing where they'll scrap these in a year or two and bring back the old ones to ramp up demand.

6 hours ago, nash61 said:

Sighhhhhhh...

This is some minor league amateur hour bull :censored: .  Fire, no -- kill everyone associated with this sacrilege.  It's top down among the worst looks in all of sports.  The Charlotte Bobcats had better uniforms.  Dead people moldering in coffins from the 1800s wearing half-eaten rotten tatters are dressed better than the devils.  This ... this is an outrage.

-------

Vegas actually looks pretty kickass.  It's a bit odd seeing the white gloves/helmet w/ the home gear, but I'm all for it. Be different.  You're a new franchise, you're allowed.

In watching the Bruins last night and seeing some more pictures, I noticed something.

In some pictures where you don't see the socks and just the jerseys, with the new numbers and a quick glance they look a lot more like their 70's set, and would really benefit from gold socks with black-white-black stripes to match. That was a subtle form of consistency with the seemingly inconsistent and traditional gold sock. 

Now, I actually did warm up the black socks and it's an ok look in general, but it's just not what they should be wearing. 

After seeing better images of the road set as well, they're not as bad, but still think they were better before.