NHL 2017-18

Bmac

10 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I'd just like to say how ironic I find it that the same team that once complained to the league 'cause Pittsburgh looked too similar to them, now themselves look too much like Pittsburgh.

Watching Bruins play tonight - they look like they're wearing Cooperalls

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 1:17 PM, Sodboy13 said:

I stopped at the Blackhawks Store on Michigan Avenue this morning. They're selling the $180 Adizero jerseys for $220 blank, $280 customized. While most of the customized jerseys have the fully-sewn two-layer numbering, all of the Kane and Toews jerseys are done with the thin, screened twill from the Reebok replicas, presumably because these were customized at the factory. Still charging $280 for them, though. The material feels a little heavier than Adidas' World Cup of Hockey replicas, and the shoulders are double-layer, but there's no reinforcement on the elbows. The chain-stitching looks gorgeous, as always.

The practice jerseys, which are all printed except for the Adidas logos on the front and back, are being sold for $150.

The retail authentics actually have the chain-stitched logo?

1zgyd8w.jpg

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I agree with these.

Nashville isn't that horrible and Columbus' socks are allright.

And I think whoever was in charge of the redesigns really hates unmatching socks for some reason. Boston, Columbus, Vancouver, who else? Sometimes, the different socks go well together wth the rest of the package. Boston usually nailed it during new uniform unveilings, until now.

It's a start but the Canucks have finally addressed their mismatching socks stripes. 

Here's an image of their pre-season game in China vs the Kings.

images.jpeg

5 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

The retail authentics actually have the chain-stitched logo?

They do. Crest and shoulder patches.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Columbus' thin red stripe is so dumb to me. Why can't they beef it up a little? Would look so much better. Apart from that I don't mind their look.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

21 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Always find it odd when the NHL All-Star logos/patches make no reference to the host franchises (only the cities) but OK. 

Well to be fair, the Lightning used your strategy back in 99 when they hosted before:

All-Star-NHL-1999-logo.jpg

Honestly, I like them taking the approach to represent the city and not necessarily the team identity.  The Tampa Bay 2018 logo is amazing.

Anyone think the 4 color for the division jerseys will be blue, black, orange, and yellow?

22 hours ago, CS85 said:

♫ Somebody once told me

That round logos were only

The best uniform tool that they had

I think they're looking pretty simple

With their emblems and their symbols

In the round shape on their shoulder pads

Well

The drugs start comin' and they don't stop comin'

Hell with design, let's hit the ground runnin'

Didn't make sense to simplify the wheel

Let's abuse our power, aim for mass appeal

Too much "Our State," Too much "We're Great"

Too much bending elements into weird shapes

But fans will never know if we don't show

That we're making this up as we go

Hey now

You're a FlagStar

Get your crest on

Go

Play

Hey now

You're a FlagStar

Get your merch on

Get

Paid

And all our alternates show

That we may have gone with the wrong logoooo

I don't get it

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only thing with the Tampa All Star logo is it looks very Florida Panthers pre-redesign with the colors and the palm trees. Not being a resident of Tampa nor never have been there, if there's a local connection it's lost on me, aside that sun/beach/palm trees= Florida. 

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Always find it odd when the NHL All-Star logos/patches make no reference to the host franchises (only the cities) but OK. 

It may just be the resolution of the image, or an out of place stitch, but the star in that logo does seem to have a lightning bolt looking shape on the bottom left point. So while it isn't major, it does at least make a subtle reference to the host team. Unless, it is in fact some sort of error in the logo's reproduction.

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

The only thing with the Tampa All Star logo is it looks very Florida Panthers pre-redesign with the colors and the palm trees. Not being a resident of Tampa nor never have been there, if there's a local connection it's lost on me, aside that sun/beach/palm trees= Florida. 

Being from Tampa, the 2018 ASG falls during the same weekend as Tampa's Gasparilla, which is Tampa's Mardi Gras-type event.

The two events will be working together and I assume that's why we see more red/orange.

....and no, I don't get a Florida Panthers feel.

2 hours ago, B-mer said:

You sir have answered your own question.

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

You sir have answered your own question.

I think what he means is that between the two Florida franchises, the Panthers seem to own the sun/palm tree imagery. 

It does seem a little odd to feature a sunny beach in a logo for an all star game being hosted by a team called the Lightning. 

5 hours ago, aild87 said:

It may just be the resolution of the image, or an out of place stitch, but the star in that logo does seem to have a lightning bolt looking shape on the bottom left point. So while it isn't major, it does at least make a subtle reference to the host team. Unless, it is in fact some sort of error in the logo's reproduction.

Good catch:

20170922_180705.thumb.png.d8165ee064ea60f39a4c61a86c992a90.png

On 9/21/2017 at 7:32 AM, habsfan1 said:

And I think whoever was in charge of the redesigns really hates unmatching socks for some reason.

Sadly the Flames didn't get the memo.  I just...  why?  These socks don't remotely match anything on else on the uniform.  And not in a good way like Boston*
*I changed my mind, crucify me

AHWyZGI.png

Archived