NHL 2017-18

Bmac

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Sadly the Flames didn't get the memo.  I just...  why?  These socks don't remotely match anything on else on the uniform.  And not in a good way like Boston*
*I changed my mind, crucify me

AHWyZGI.png

The Flames may not have gotten it but damn do the Oilers ever look good this year

zzPEfBm.png

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think what he means is that between the two Florida franchises, the Panthers seem to own the sun/palm tree imagery. 

It does seem a little odd to feature a sunny beach in a logo for an all star game being hosted by a team called the Lightning. 

For a team in Florida and for a game being played in Florida it makes all the sense.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:24 PM, mcj882000 said:

The Jackets' - and the Stamps too, now that I look at it - number fonts might just be the Kings font, but edited?
FB_NHL-Los-Angeles-Kings0.png

It’s not. It’s inspired equally by the text in their cannon logo and the pointed wood type found on many Civil War era handbills.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Why are teams still wearing the 100yr patch? My bad must be seeing old pics.

It's being worn from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Why are teams still wearing the 100yr patch? My bad must be seeing old pics.

All teams, even Vegas, will be wearing them until December 31st.  They only started wearing them on January 1st.  The NHL is marking the 2017 calendar year as their centennial, not specifically either the 2016-17 season of 2017-18 season.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

3 minutes ago, B-mer said:

So I've been thinking about the Sens. Could their new font be what they'll use when they supposedly do change their uniforms next year?  

It's actually the font they've been wearing on their fauxback thirds they had up until now.  All signs seem to point that they will be going with the O full time next year, so it's likely the font will stay.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just now, Roger Clemente said:

It's actually the font they've been wearing on their fauxback thirds they had up until now.  All signs seem to point that they will be going with the O full time next year, so it's likely the font will stay.

I wonder that say they keep the numbers as is, mainly the red for the roads, if it won't necessarily be what many think will just be repurposing the heritage jerseys. I can almost see them streamlining it a little, no stripe on back like the Wild to help the red numbers stand out. It'd be cool if they changed the O up as well

FWIW, the Preds' new away look does not feature sock stripes that match the sleeves:

cut.jpg

I was very hopeful for this set in particular, but I'm not impressed. Both the home and away looks suffer from a bottom-heaviness. Basically ALL of the navy is in the pants area, which makes the uniform unbalanced IMO. If the gold jersey were worn with navy helmets again, it would look better. If this white set had thicker blue stripes (and ironically, gold sleeves stripes instead of elbow-down cuffs to match the socks), it would look better.

As a Preds fan, I want to like these jerseys. I just can't. And I'm almost 100% certain this is purely the fault of team ownership, not adidas.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, CS85 said:

♫ Somebody once told me

That round logos were only

The best uniform tool that they had

I think they're looking pretty simple

With their emblems and their symbols

In the round shape on their shoulder pads

[snip]

On 9/21/2017 at 7:22 PM, officeglenn said:

I'll nominate this for POTD. Can I get a seconder?

Seconded.

It's not too late, right?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Agreed that the Oilers look good this season. Probably my favourite this season, which is saying something because I really didn't like their home set last season.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived