Bmac

NHL 2017-18

On 9/21/2017 at 7:32 AM, habsfan1 said:

And I think whoever was in charge of the redesigns really hates unmatching socks for some reason.

Sadly the Flames didn't get the memo.  I just...  why?  These socks don't remotely match anything on else on the uniform.  And not in a good way like Boston*
*I changed my mind, crucify me

AHWyZGI.png

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Sadly the Flames didn't get the memo.  I just...  why?  These socks don't remotely match anything on else on the uniform.  And not in a good way like Boston*
*I changed my mind, crucify me

AHWyZGI.png

The Flames may not have gotten it but damn do the Oilers ever look good this year

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think what he means is that between the two Florida franchises, the Panthers seem to own the sun/palm tree imagery. 

It does seem a little odd to feature a sunny beach in a logo for an all star game being hosted by a team called the Lightning. 

For a team in Florida and for a game being played in Florida it makes all the sense.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:24 PM, mcj882000 said:

The Jackets' - and the Stamps too, now that I look at it - number fonts might just be the Kings font, but edited?
FB_NHL-Los-Angeles-Kings0.png

It’s not. It’s inspired equally by the text in their cannon logo and the pointed wood type found on many Civil War era handbills.

Why are teams still wearing the 100yr patch? My bad must be seeing old pics. Ok I'm wrong again lol the pics I saw are new, I'm confused. Help?

18 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Why are teams still wearing the 100yr patch? My bad must be seeing old pics.

It's being worn from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.

17 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Why are teams still wearing the 100yr patch? My bad must be seeing old pics.

All teams, even Vegas, will be wearing them until December 31st.  They only started wearing them on January 1st.  The NHL is marking the 2017 calendar year as their centennial, not specifically either the 2016-17 season of 2017-18 season.

Just now, Sodboy13 said:

It's being worn from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.

Ok thank you, thought I was going crazy.

3 minutes ago, B-mer said:

So I've been thinking about the Sens. Could their new font be what they'll use when they supposedly do change their uniforms next year?  

It's actually the font they've been wearing on their fauxback thirds they had up until now.  All signs seem to point that they will be going with the O full time next year, so it's likely the font will stay.

Just now, Roger Clemente said:

It's actually the font they've been wearing on their fauxback thirds they had up until now.  All signs seem to point that they will be going with the O full time next year, so it's likely the font will stay.

I wonder that say they keep the numbers as is, mainly the red for the roads, if it won't necessarily be what many think will just be repurposing the heritage jerseys. I can almost see them streamlining it a little, no stripe on back like the Wild to help the red numbers stand out. It'd be cool if they changed the O up as well

FWIW, the Preds' new away look does not feature sock stripes that match the sleeves:

cut.jpg

I was very hopeful for this set in particular, but I'm not impressed. Both the home and away looks suffer from a bottom-heaviness. Basically ALL of the navy is in the pants area, which makes the uniform unbalanced IMO. If the gold jersey were worn with navy helmets again, it would look better. If this white set had thicker blue stripes (and ironically, gold sleeves stripes instead of elbow-down cuffs to match the socks), it would look better.

As a Preds fan, I want to like these jerseys. I just can't. And I'm almost 100% certain this is purely the fault of team ownership, not adidas.

I applaud the attempt to be restrained, and feature yellow.

However this rebranding reeks of upper management choosing a toothless compromise of what the creative team was probably pitching. 

On 9/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, CS85 said:

♫ Somebody once told me

That round logos were only

The best uniform tool that they had

I think they're looking pretty simple

With their emblems and their symbols

In the round shape on their shoulder pads

[snip]

On 9/21/2017 at 7:22 PM, officeglenn said:

I'll nominate this for POTD. Can I get a seconder?

Seconded.

It's not too late, right?

Agreed that the Oilers look good this season. Probably my favourite this season, which is saying something because I really didn't like their home set last season.

The Predators went from a middle of the pack look with potential to one of the leagues worst.  In the case of the road, a uniform that is primarily yellow and white with razor-thin navy accents just doesn't work.