NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on the Reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys page visited the official customizer of the Red Wings today and apparently caught a glimpse of a jersey being customized.

pte9um60c3pz.jpg

Does not look like there is a namebar there, which is good because the Red Wings never use them,

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

11 hours ago, coltravesty said:

what will they do with the 3rd jerseys next season? I feel like they'll play it safe. Maybe bring back some old classics to make some $$$. Hoping for Rangers white Liberty with a new twist.

Whatever they do, I think that there will be quite a few. I don't recall where I read it, but the rumor is that almost every team will have a third next year. At this point, the only teams that I'd feel comfortable guessing that won't have a third will be Detroit, Montreal and New Jersey. Other than that, all bets are off. Even then, I wouldn't be too sure about New Jersey, what with Lamoriello being gone and the jersey change this year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, CRichardson said:

Whatever they do, I think that there will be quite a few. I don't recall where I read it, but the rumor is that almost every team will have a third next year. At this point, the only teams that I'd feel comfortable guessing that won't have a third will be Detroit, Montreal and New Jersey.

Anaheim's probably not getting one if the rumour about an entirely new set next year is true. Unless the current home uniform gets demoted back to third.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 10/1/2017 at 7:58 PM, CRichardson said:

Whatever they do, I think that there will be quite a few. I don't recall where I read it, but the rumor is that almost every team will have a third next year. At this point, the only teams that I'd feel comfortable guessing that won't have a third will be Detroit, Montreal and New Jersey. Other than that, all bets are off. Even then, I wouldn't be too sure about New Jersey, what with Lamoriello being gone and the jersey change this year.

Funny story about the Lady Liberty.

I had heard that the reason why they can't use those anymore is due to some weird rules with the Statue of Liberty itself.  The Rangers in the past had to pay the owners of the Statue (whomever that is) around $250K EVERY time it was used.  That's why we have the Rangers Heritage sweater look.

In other news on the thirds, the rumour I heard was that between 18-26 teams will have thirds next year.  A mix of new looks for some teams and a retro look for some teams.  What those teams will be yet is unknown.  

Slightly OT...

Guess with the unthinkable tragedy last night in Vegas, we're going to have a patch or something added to the Knights' sweater.

Just nuts that the team's first game as a pro franchise will have a somber tone to it, at least to start.

Strange and sad times we live in. 

Just wondering if the Knights have the infrastructure available to check in on local residents. There's a good chance that some of these concert-goers are STH for the VGK. Are the Knights, as a franchise, in a position to do community outreach and be a beacon of hope in these rough times? Hope so. 

I know I've knocked them and the goofy owner on this very thread for silly stuff, but I'm truly rooting for them to kick some ass (and look good doing it!) early on, so the locals have something to distract them.

Go Knights Go !

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

The reason why they can't use those anymore is due to some weird rules with the Statue of Liberty itself.  The Rangers in the past had to pay the owners of the Statue (whomever that is) around $250K EVERY time it was used.  That's why we have the Rangers Heritage sweater look.

That's a shame. It's one of the best alts the league has ever had.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

That's a shame. It's one of the best alts the league has ever had.

Yeah it is a shame that it can't be used anymore.  I'd expect the Rangers to bring back the Heritage sweater

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

The US Govt owns the Statue of Liberty and the National Park Service, I believe, runs it. However there may be someone who has the rights to market items with it's likeness. 

There ya go.  That's what I was looking for.  

7 hours ago, tohasbo said:

The reason why they can't use those anymore is due to some weird rules with the Statue of Liberty itself.  The Rangers in the past had to pay the owners of the Statue (whomever that is) around $250K EVERY time it was used.  That's why we have the Rangers Heritage sweater look.

In other news on the thirds, the rumour I heard was that between 18-26 teams will have thirds next year.  A mix of new looks for some teams and a retro look for some teams.  What those teams will be yet is unknown.  

Something sounds off...Liberty Mutual Insurance has the lady as its logo and its commercials; I doubt they're paying a licensing fee.  Though, if true, it'd probably be paid to the Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation.

Does the New York, New York hotel in Vegas pay a fee to have it in front? 

Plenty of Statue of Liberty clip art public domain logos companies can use for logos as well.  

The Rangers' Lady Liberty was recently used in 2015 by the FDNY (with the Rangers' approval, the article says, not the statue "owners") and was designed by this guy, who passed in 2015

The National Park Service says the "image of the Statue of Liberty is in the public domain and is available for use to all"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I assume there's probably a sliding scale as to how much people need to pay to use the Statue Of Liberty, but even then, how could the New York Liberty afford to use it if the Rangers are paying that much every time they use it?

So I was down at the mall and checked a couple of stores for the new jerseys.  I wasn't able to compare to a Fanatics replica, only had the authentic in stock.  I will say it feels lighter compared to the old Reebok replica, whether that was always the case or not, I don't know.  Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but the Adidas tag is suppose to be like the Nike tags on the NBA jerseys where you can scan it with an app and get some exclusive stuff.  So, if you plan on removing it, don't just throw it away.

I went to another store and saw a bunch of already numbered jerseys.  I don't know if it's just this particular store or that's how it is going to be, but all the numbers were heat pressed/plastic feeling.  I wonder if for the Oilers, that might be the only way to get the numbers on because of the perforated numbers.

IMG_20171002_121036422_HDRa.thumb.jpg.2614995385024183af7427ae6662897a.jpgIMG_20171002_121046843a.thumb.jpg.f7e77d90527829981137040bf4bd7732.jpg

On 01/10/2017 at 4:17 AM, Bayne said:

I think the valid logo contrast with the beige is mitigated by no longer having a nice continuous logo outline which you would have on a solid green jersey. I like the uninterrupted logo that you see on most hockey jerseys. Nice and clean with nothing interfering with the design. Even Montreal kind of bothers me for the same reason, never been a huge fan. Florida is obviously the same.

So I take it that you're just not a fan of chest stripes with logo on top...

You can also include the Leafs.

On 30/09/2017 at 8:51 AM, NYYNYR said:

Anyone else watch Caps @ Canes last night and think: Man, the hurricane-warning pattern is almost unnoticeable on TV ?

I don't mind that they faded it out a bit. I think it works, being a neat looking subliminal pattern. This home jersey is a nice evolution of their original jersey. A nice progression when seeing their uniform history timetable. Lightyears better than their first attempt at change.

The Hurricanes new home jersey is competent but still a downgrade from their original look.  I don't understand why the warning flag pattern needs to be sublimated in the first place, much less why it needs to be a hanger effect on a non-matching road.

27 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I don't understand why the warning flag pattern needs to be sublimated in the first place, much less why it needs to be a hanger effect on a non-matching road.

I remember watching a video clip of the Canes GM or owner being interviewed to speak about their new uniforms, at the time when they unveiled the Team Canada-esque red and white jerseys. He said that he likes the new look because it's "cleaner". In essence, he didn't like the warning flags, thought they cluttered the jerseys, and that their look needed to be "cleaned" up.

This new uniform that was recently unveiled is likely the compromise for everyone to be happy.

From what I was told, the Oilers lettering kits sold through Stahls (and ultimately applied by most retailers) they will be one layer printed twill. Apparently there are 6 or 7 teams that will have their letter and number kits offered this way. The others will be supplied in layered twill as always. I have no idea how EPS, Keener or the other shops who cut their own materials will handle it.

Keener and EPS can both do perforated kits. They've both done World Cup jerseys for customers. Also, Stahl's doesn't do the Oilers. Their jerseys are still done by Elite Sportswear.

He was probably referencing retail kits when mentioning Stahls, not the actual gamers. 

In past dealings with EPS for Adidas World Cup jerseys, you had the option to order ones with printed "holes" or ones with actual perforations. 

Archived