NHL 2017-18

Bmac

The two alternate captains for the Bruins in last night's game each had a different A stitched on his jersey. David Krejci wore the A from the new 2017 nameplate font and Brad Marchand had an A from the last several years.

100517bruinsce017.jpg

100517bruinsce031.jpg

Here is the old alternate uniform that featured the same A that Marchand wore last night.

625-patrice-bergeron-bruins.jpg

Marchand also wore the same style A in an exhibition game vs Chicago. Patrice Bergeron had the new one.

patrice-bergeron-7f6d0d093fe14cea.jpg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts after watching my first game of the season:

1. I know I'll probably get used to it, but those metallic NHL crests currently bug the hell out of me.

2. I guess I never realized how thin the new unis are, the jock tags on the aways really highlight this.

3. The Preds' new road jerseys are an improvement, over the previous set. I wish they would put the pick on both shoulders.

4. This will probably be one of the few matchups I watch where the collar isn't bugging me.

636428355724985770-USATSI-10329116.jpg

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

11 hours ago, elliott said:

Has anyone brought up the Flyers collars on the road unis? The black panel doesn't line up with the orange yoke and it really annoys me. Making the whole collar one color would have fixed this. it's really bad.

ff_2874123_full.jpg&w=600

Watching the Coyotes Ducks game, the Ducks collars weren't really that bad. if anything they are an improvement over the really complicated collars from last year.

They also look fine on teams with shoulder yokes with the same color as the collar (Bruins, Blues, Oilers).

Really the biggest eyesore is when the "pentagon" that contains the NHL logo really contrasts with the rest of the collar. the blackhawks are just an egregious example of this.

flyers.png

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Easy fix to the socks:

K9qNGSb.jpg

The Preds road SET is probably one of the worst in the NHL, despite having a pretty good jersey. The socks should look like this^^^^, and the pants and gloves should be devoid of all gold. I know that they're pushing the whole gold element, but solid navy blue gear would look much better.

The road also seems top heavy with those crappy socks...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 10/4/2017 at 9:03 PM, M4One said:

Useless hockey fact that I just learned watching the Leafs/Jets game.  For a league that was considering having all jerseys tucked in with the Reebok Edge jerseys in 2007, they introduced a rule for the 2013-14 season that all players can't have their jerseys tucked in.  I find that kind of funny.

It wasn't so much the league that was considering this as Reebok. It was quickly abandoned because it's stupid and terrible and actual hockey players told them no. So they scrapped that but some of the design stuff remained (teams ditching hem stripes and the front hem jock tag).

Also that rule is not new. Enforcing it was new.

1zgyd8w.jpg

2 hours ago, Danny said:

The Jackets looked good tonight. The red/white striping on the socks could be a little thicker but still looks fine. I really like the new numbers and letters.

858469888_slide.jpg

I know a lot people don’t like the new socks, but I appreciate that they match the jersey now

I think the optimal Jackets stripe pattern is just a bolder, two-color red/white stripe — it’d match the pattern on the jerseys, but also be more visible.

I do like the way this set translated to the new template a lot better on-ice than I thought I would, though.

6fQjS3M.png

13 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

It wasn't so much the league that was considering this as Reebok. It was quickly abandoned because it's stupid and terrible and actual hockey players told them no. So they scrapped that but some of the design stuff remained (teams ditching hem stripes and the front hem jock tag).

Also that rule is not new. Enforcing it was new.

I realize that it was more of a Reebok thing, but I don't think the NHL came straight out and said no immediately, which is why you had teams like the Maple Leafs and Coyotes dropping the hem stripes and others going with the thin stripe on the bottom.  They were expecting the jerseys to be tucked in and either didn't have enough time or just didn't bother to fix it, except for the Leafs a couple of seasons later.  Reebok deserves some of the crap they got for some of the designs, but blame should also be placed on the league and the teams for giving them the thumbs up.

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The Devils still look awful to me, yet the second I complain about it on Youtube, people comment with "They look sick" or "The uniforms are nice". Are people really that blind? 

No. The Devils are definitely wearing a downgrade from the old uniforms, but they don't look bad. Obviously its very noticeable for people here but all the Devils did was thicken the elbow/sock striping and drop the hemstripe. Its worse, but they still look like the Devils and they still look decent. Its not like the Devils went on a full edge redesign.

When you complain about it on youtube of all places you just look like the typical youtube commenter.

For kicks and giggles I did a quick replacement of black on the Avs' road unis to blue:

iyk8jm.jpg

(also swapped the darn blue touching burgundy for the shoulder number)  Not sure if this might be TOO much blue.  What do you think; better than the black?

Archived