NHL 2017-18

Bmac

44 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

For kicks and giggles I did a quick replacement of black on the Avs' road unis to blue:

iyk8jm.jpg

(also swapped the darn blue touching burgundy for the shoulder number)  Not sure if this might be TOO much blue.  What do you think; better than the black?

I like the Avs roads as they are. Having a maroon/black/white combo with only small blue accents is the way to go.

Unpopular opinion??

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

For kicks and giggles I did a quick replacement of black on the Avs' road unis to blue:

iyk8jm.jpg

(also swapped the darn blue touching burgundy for the shoulder number)  Not sure if this might be TOO much blue.  What do you think; better than the black?

I think more than anything, they need to figure out if their dark color is navy or black. I’d like to see them switch all the black to navy. It may be necessary to go down to a single blue in that case, but I’d be okay with that. The third jersey color scheme feels colder to me and, in my opinion, it’s important that the main identity and third work together. I also agree that the number trim on the sleeves looks better silver like you’ve shown. Even solid silver sleeve numbers would work on both home and road, to be honest.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

26 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think more than anything, they need to figure out if their dark color is navy or black. I’d like to see them switch all the black to navy. It may be necessary to go down to a single blue in that case, but I’d be okay with that. The third jersey color scheme feels colder to me and, in my opinion, it’s important that the main identity and third work together. I also agree that the number trim on the sleeves looks better silver like you’ve shown. Even solid silver sleeve numbers would work on both home and road, to be honest.

Why didn’t you make this happen?! ;)

I think navy replacing steel blue and black would be a great tweak. 

3 hours ago, _RH_ said:

iyk8jm.jpg

I think it would work wonders for Colorado if they just swapped the black in their uniforms for navy.

22 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I think it would work wonders for Colorado if they just swapped the black in their uniforms for navy.

Maybe this is just a minor nitpick. But one thing that would need to remain black is the puck in their logo. Idk about navy. The light blue accents blend in nicely with their crest.

9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Maybe this is just a minor nitpick. But one thing that would need to remain black is the puck in their logo. Idk about navy. The light blue accents blend in nicely with their crest.

Yeah, the light blue w/ the maroon reminds me of the Loyola Marymount teams w/ Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble. I still have the SI w/ Kimble shooting left "For you Hank"

17 hours ago, _RH_ said:

iyk8jm.jpg

I think burgundy with a blue outline  would be better than this 

On paper, the black treatment shouldn't work for the Avalanche but now that they've finally fixed the jerseys, I don't see the reason for a change.  They look like the two teams that lifted the Stanley Cup and that's more than we could have hoped for.  The home jersey in particular looks better than ever.

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Can't find a good picture to confirm, but I think the Blue Jackets may be using a raised 3d decal on their helmets now. 

It sure looks that way in these pictures from 2 nights ago. The depth of it is especially noticeable on Wennberg's.

59dbdc869c8cc_Screenshot-2017-10-9NHLOCT07BlueJacketsatBlackhawks(1).png.477b70eb5c193e4d2f807e21b3aa87e1.png

59dbdc8b5b753_Screenshot-2017-10-9NHLOCT07BlueJacketsatBlackhawks(2).png.fe7d9c90ffb07897c4de97383a3a0c7e.png59dbdc8dc17e5_Screenshot-2017-10-9NHLOCT07BlueJacketsatBlackhawks.png.69a5c299dff71ab5e713e02bec5f8132.png

10 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Really like your user title about the straight hem, and your avy photo really shows how awful they are, a lot worse than last year.

That Ranger back looks like a clown smiling 

The hem stripe change is still an improvement over last year's look for a lot of teams. See Pittsburgh as an example. 

Last year:

Capitals_Penguins_Hockey_92698.jpg-bee42

This year:

Predators_Penguins_Hockey_68005.jpg

Yep, wanted to see if I liked the Preds jerseys, in context. I don't. A patch on both shoulders and navy helmets would go a long way, but unless they win a cup in them, I'm not getting one.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

49 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Yep, wanted to see if I liked the Preds jerseys, in context. I don't. A patch on both shoulders and navy helmets would go a long way, but unless they win a cup in them, I'm not getting one.

I wasn't happy when they switched to gold helmets in the last set. Now that the navy is so minimal, they desperately need navy helmets again. Or just more navy on the jersey. Or both. 

Archived