NHL 2017-18

Bmac

9 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I wasn't happy when they switched to gold helmets in the last set. Now that the navy is so minimal, they desperately need navy helmets again. Or just more navy on the jersey. Or both. 

Both would be good.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I wasn't happy when they switched to gold helmets in the last set. Now that the navy is so minimal, they desperately need navy helmets again. Or just more navy on the jersey. Or both. 

They need navy shoulders to mirror the road look.

I don't think the Preds gold jerseys need navy shoulders.  It'd be too much navy between the sleeves, hem, and numbers.  The yellow would be trapped too much.

The yellow shoulders work on the white jersey because there's less contrast between yellow and white versus navy and yellow.

On both jerseys the thin stripe (white stripe on yellow jersey, navy on white) needs to be far thicker on the sleeve and hem. Or go back to the type of striping they had on the last set of big sleeve&hem end color/thin stripe/thick stripe.

I like the new white sock (if the blue stripe were thicker), but I wish the striping pattern on the home and road sets of socks matched.  I prefer the white socks over the yellows.  The yellow socks are too blocky.

The color balance would be really nice if those changes were made and they went back to navy helmets.  Right now the balance is thrown way out of whack skewed towards yellow and looks off.

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The chant, which was lead by the vegas announcer, to start the game was "Go Knights Go."   How much longer until the Golden Knights are officially just the Knights...

Teams with adjectives in their nicknames always shorten it for chants, merch, etc. See Leafs, Wolves, Sox, Jays, etc. 

I assume for trademark reasons, the "Golden" descriptor will always be part of their proper name. 

2 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Teams with adjectives in their nicknames always shorten it for chants, merch, etc. See Leafs, Wolves, Sox, Jays, etc. 

I assume for trademark reasons, the "Golden" descriptor will always be part of their proper name. 

I get that and tend to agree, but I just found it odd for their first ever game, they already shortened it.  

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The chant, which was lead by the vegas announcer, to start the game was "Go Knights Go."   How much longer until the Golden Knights are officially just the Knights...

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Not long. 

Doubt it. Will the Blue Jackets ever change their name to "Jackets" because the fans chant "let's go Jackets!"? Nope.

53 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Yup

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

On 10/11/2017 at 10:48 AM, BrianLion said:

On 10/11/2017 at 11:43 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Doubt it. Will the Blue Jackets ever change their name to "Jackets" because the fans chant "let's go Jackets!"? Nope.

I'm not so certain. Red/White Sox, Blue Jackets, etc. work best as a full name. Eliminating the first word kind of guts the identity.

Knights works just as well, if not better, on its own. I could just as easily see VGK becoming the next Devil Rays. The Golden could fall by the wayside until the team decides to rebrand as the Las Vegas Knights.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

5 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'm not so certain Red/White Sox, Blue Jackets, etc. work best as a full name. Eliminating the first word kind of gurs the identity.

Knights works just as well, if not better, on its own. I could just as easily see VGK becoming the next Devil Rays. The Golden could fall by the wayside until the team decides to rebrand as the Las Vegas Knights.

If they could've legally been named the Knights, they would've been.  They can't drop the descriptive adjective from the trademark at this point 

I wonder what the London Knights are thinking. How does a junior hockey team not accept millions of dollars from an NHL team to copy their team name? Especially when the NHL team is now calling themselves Knights in arena and commentators on tv are saying Knights. 

Always take the money folks! 

On 10/10/2017 at 9:18 AM, philly97flyer said:

Is it possible, or has anyone tried yet, to remove the adidas button from the front of the fan authentics?

Yes, it is simply sewn on and can be removed with a seam-splitter or some cosmetic scissors.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, coltravesty said:

I wonder what the London Knights are thinking. How does a junior hockey team not accept millions of dollars from an NHL team to copy their team name? Especially when the NHL team is now calling themselves Knights in arena and commentators on tv are saying Knights. 

Always take the money folks! 

The London Knights stated they hadn’t been contacted by the club that became the Vegas Golden Knights. They never took the money because Vegas never offered any. 

Considerinh Bill Foley’s hardon for all things US Army? I wouldn’t be shocked if it came out he was the main obstacle to naming the team “Knights” and working out a deal with London’s OHL team.

In all likelihood he insisted on the “Golden” part of the team name when “Black” was shot down by the Army. 

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

The Gophers. But I also refer to the Blackhawks as the Hawks.

Leafs vs. Maple Leafs is another example of this. You rarely ever hear the latter unless its following 'Toronto'. So I don't really have a problem with chanting just Knights. Multiple other fanbases really only use the nickname most of the time. Avs, Wings, Jackets, Canes etc. Habs itself is a nickname within a nickname.

I defended the new Preds yellow jerseys when they were first unveiled, but they just looked... wrong on the ice. i agree that they need to bring back the navy helmets... and maybe just start over on the striping pattern. the thin white line between the yellow and navy just doesn't work.

The Knights looked fantastic in grey. Always good to see an expansion team get it right the first time.

Archived