NHL 2017-18

Bmac

7 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

Hardly.

They are exercising their rights to keep the name out of the NHL.  They aren't some college team, the CHL is pretty big in pro hockey.

Except the CHL isn’t pro.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, twi said:

Has anyone kept track of which teams did and did not adopt the perforated Adidas numbers? All I know for sure is that Edmonton and Vegas did and that Tampa did not. 

Columbus and Florida have.  Aside from Edmonton and Vegas I can't think of others of the top of my head.  Certainly not as many as I would expect, which I'm thankful for. 

7 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Columbus and Florida have.  Aside from Edmonton and Vegas I can't think of others of the top of my head.  Certainly not as many as I would expect, which I'm thankful for. 

I know that the Wild have not adopted the numbers. Dallas has however...

cut.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 10/3/2017 at 6:00 AM, OnWis97 said:

I'm sure next year's NHL alternate uniforms will be a mixed bag.  But I'm curious as to whether waiting a year is really needed every time there's a new manufacturer.  A bunch of teams have new jerseys this season that fans will buy.  Then next year many will introduce something else fans will want.

The Devils will probably add a throwback to the original black-trimmed jersey.  It will render the new red jersey obsolete by mid-year and a couple of years later they will look like they used to.

I doubt the no 3rd's policy has anything to do with manufacturing capacity. This seems purely about not overwhelming fans and letting the new brand sink in.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, spartacat_12 said:

They should've done things the other way around and changed the sleeve/gen striping to match the socks. The thicker outlines would be a big improvement.

60s-Canuck-jersey.jpg

This is what they should have based it on. Or their former 3rd jersey.

3 hours ago, uniformity said:

60s-Canuck-jersey.jpg

This is what they should have based it on. Or their former 3rd jersey.

No. They wore those when they were a rangers affiliate. I get its hard to make a case for unique striping when you're using a horizontal pattern, but it looks better the way it is now than if they went for a more generic width ratio like there.

The old third jersey was bad too, because the thin stripes of blue just muddied up the green, and made it pop less. From a distance they looked like leafs jerseys.

this:

Image result for canucks 3rd jersey

beats this:

Image result for canucks home jersey

Thicker white lines look better IMO. Even if there is a thin blue line in the middle, that's not a problem to me. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Btw, the Canucks should just go to the rink and stick full time. I was a defender of the Orca for a long time but now I just think they should embrace history and ignore creative convergence. It's amazing what ends up happening if you stay with a logo over time. That logo could be a classic IF they aren't so indecisive about their look. Heck, Colorado basically want to use the C logo and Philadelpha's logo isn't much more intricate. Just be the team with the rink and stick logo and keep it simple. The 40th anniversary jersey is testament to how good it can look.

Image result for canucks 40th anniversary jersey

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

11 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Btw, the Canucks should just go to the rink and stick full time. I was a defender of the Orca for a long time but now I just think they should embrace history and ignore creative convergence. It's amazing what ends up happening if you stay with a logo over time. That logo could be a classic IF they aren't so indecisive about their look. Heck, Colorado basically want to use the C logo and Philadelpha's logo isn't much more intricate. Just be the team with the rink and stick logo and keep it simple. The 40th anniversary jersey is testament to how good it can look.

Image result for canucks 40th anniversary jersey

I maintain that that's the best jersey they've ever worn, and should be their road right now. Te home version would need to be tweaked, but I don't care if the home doesn't match 1 for 1, nobody cares about that for the Habs, Rangers, Wild, Stars, Blackhawks etc.

I like both the orca and newer stick in rink logos, but with the blue/green color scheme the orca just doesn't fit. Even if it was as simple as swapping out the logo on the current jerseys it'd be an upgrade. Although, I would prefer a slightly more muted green.

in regards to the stick in rink logo, there are plenty of teams, obviously older teams, where the logo is more symbolic or ambiguous in reference to the team names. Nordiques, Habs, Flyers. The rink has enough historical charm to work. 

The orca worked great with the pre-edge uniform/colors, as it was designed for. 

The Canucks should never change their colours or striping configuration ever again.  They should either commit to the Orca & Script or replace it with the modernized Stick N' Rink.  If they chose the latter, they could justify replacing 'Agency' with a Bloc Font.

I have another question related to the new NHL jerseys by adidas, whose replica jerseys for retail are now made by Fanatics....

1) Has anybody had a chance to get one?

2) What is the quality like?

Just asking, in case I should try and get such a jersey in the future.

UBwef0L.png

Archived