NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

tenor.gif

Most have moved on from this, why does Calgary have to be the "special" kid in class that just don´t get it?

Ottawa too. It's shocking how neither has moved on yet, ten years later. Although I guess it's better than being New Jersey and going backwards.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:02 AM, jerseyjunk said:

tenor.gif

Most have moved on from this, why does Calgary have to be the "special" kid in class that just don´t get it?

That's always been Calgary. ;)

For real though, the fact that they've even kept the flags as shoulder patches for so long exemplifies how little they care. I suspect they don't even know its broken, so why fix it?

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

That's always been Calgary. ;)

Aside from three seasons where they were among the class of the league, yes.

IJRwfoY.jpg

Would going back to this set have been that hard?  The Avalanche have proven that diagonal stripes can work on the Adizero template.  Whether they went with this shoulder patch or none, they would have a distinctive top 10 (at least) look.

TbwYFHm.jpg

21 minutes ago, Morgo said:

TbwYFHm.jpg

That logo as a shoulder patch on the 06-07 jerseys would have been a perfect look. The 03-07 home red jersey is one of the best jerseys the league has had, period, apart from the horse snot shoulder patch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Their last Stanley Cup set was perfect.  I don't even mind the black crest.  If they wanted to work more white/yellow into it and reduce the black I'm sure it'd still be great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/21/2017 at 6:46 PM, Morgo said:

At least Ottawa has a real secondary logo instead of a flag with every colour in the rainbow.

the Calgary Flamings

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/21/2017 at 12:02 AM, jerseyjunk said:

tenor.gif

It appears that collar was inspiration for the new Adidas jerseys as well.

7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Calgary hasn't looked good since the early-1990's.

Mullen50goals.jpg.bd596579a5d5fe37882712de14844fab.jpg

This to this day is still my absolute favourite Flames look. I wish they would just go back to this. Imagine this and their 04' red jersey as an alternate. Now that would be amazing!

While on the topic of the Flames I just want to say I absolutely love the Atlanta Flames A as the alternate captain's patch. A minor little tribute while fitting in to the team's existing asthethic. 

2 minutes ago, twi said:

While on the topic of the Flames I just want to say I absolutely love the Atlanta Flames A as the alternate captain's patch. A minor little tribute while fitting in to the team's existing asthethic. 

Me too. I wish they'd go back to using their C for the Captain's patch

Theoren_Fleury.0.0.jpeg

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Theoren_Fleury.0.0.jpeg

Perhaps oddly, I actually don’t. One of my nitpicks is seeing the same logo in one view of a jersey. I don’t like Buffalo’s original set for having the shoulder patches just be a mini version of the crest and the Nordiques for the fluers de lis just being plopped on. An updated Nords would likely have some sweet striping with them incorporated in though, almost limitless options to come up with something sharp. 

Makes me twitch that in that pic of Fleury the logo has two different outline treatments! 

3 hours ago, twi said:

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Theoren_Fleury.0.0.jpeg

I like the sentiment, but they’re both just too complex for the intended function.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived