NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, CRichardson said:

I disagree. The last time they wore navy, dropping the navy yokes from the white jerseys made the design worse.

Both new Oilers jerseys look okay. But the new Oilers road looks a little too much like the Sabres road.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Am I the only one who HATES the new Oilers jerseys?

I think they were a massive downgrade from last year.

I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. The orange one is gross. Oddly, I had thought darkening the blue was something they should do. 

On 27/10/2017 at 2:42 PM, ujju2 said:

As an Oilers fan, I think the new jerseys look much better than last year's. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I like the way the new shades compliment each other better than the old shades.

This is totally true.

The throwbacks were a fun nostalgia phase. But the new ones are a fresh, modernized take on the retros while maintaining regard of their team history. The new shades look brillant.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

This is totally true.

The throwbacks were a fun nostalgia phase. But the new ones are a fresh, modernized take on the retros with maintaining regard of their team history. The new shades look brillant.

The navy on the home jersey should not touch the orange... If they kept last years striping pattern, but changed the royal to navy it would look much better. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

49 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

Vegas are playing in white... at home

Most teams that unveil a new set or road jersey will generally wear it at home once or twice to show it off to the fans... I know the Minnesota Wild did it in 2014. I thought the Panthers, Coyotes, and possibly the Leafs did it over the last couple of years... I could be wrong about those last couple of ones though.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, Scratcher said:

Vegas are playing in white... at home

And paired versus the classic looking Avs in maroon/burgundy/sedona red (whatever the correct name is), it's such a beautiful non-O6 matchup...

Jonathan+Marchessault+Vegas+Golden+Knigh

Vegas+Golden+Knights+v+Colorado+Avalanch

cut.jpg

28 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

I wish the NHL would go back to white being the primary home jerseys.  I think the home teams should be in white more often than not across every sport

That's a never ending discussion around here. I think the advent of colour tvs has defeated the purpose of home teams wearing white.

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

And paired versus the classic looking Avs in maroon/burgundy/sedona red (whatever the correct name is), it's such a beautiful non-O6 matchup...

Jonathan+Marchessault+Vegas+Golden+Knigh

Vegas+Golden+Knights+v+Colorado+Avalanch

cut.jpg

Avs shoulder logos look ridiculous,  they are even pointing in opposite directions 

42 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Yes, this isn't the KHL, our letters read left-to-right.

Who cares, look at the jersey straight on, looks awful.

Avs were best like this.

7jun-2001-rob-blake-of-the-colorado-aval

Everything since has been thrash, now they have tried to fix it, but they have still have not gone back to the true set.

Stripes are missing, and that Cubs logo on the shoulder.

Vegas' look is growing on me, though i do feel like theres something a little bit busy about them. Id put their unis in the top 15 in the league though. They're solid.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 27/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

Chicago Blackhawks v Edmonton Oilers : News Photoedmonton-oilers-goalie-cam-talbot-watches-the-play-during-the-oilers-picture-id858106150?s=170x17

I wasnt a fan of how gaudy the oilers looked on ice last season so i welcome the navy. Sure its a little dark but i think its a nice change for now (of course they will go back eventually, relax) and theyre one of only a few teams who have made the collar look decent.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived