Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Blackhawks again? Seriously? It's time for NHL to making "Blackhawks outdoor classic" and left other outdoor games for rest of the 30 teams.

What did you expect?  Chicago is the nearest team to Notre Dame.  The Winter Classic is the big outdoor game of the year, of course they're going to feature the premier teams.  Im a Lightning fan and I know it'll likely take hell freezing over to see the Bolts play outside on New Years Day.

 

The Stadium Series games are where the teams in the rest of the league who will likely not make it to the New Years showdown get to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the fact that we haven't had a Lightning Stadium Series game back in the Thunderdome yet is inexcusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

What did you expect?

 

I expected longer gap for Blackhawks especially that since 2014 they played outdoor every year (except current season). Also it's gonna be their 3rd Winter Classic apperance in last 5 editions! At least now they're a home team so no more white jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I forgot to note that I got to see the new Minnesota homes in action the other night. They're bad, folks! The standalone M from the tailed script is a lousy secondary, the hem stripes look bad, the red accents look out of place. Just a lot of not good. I'd have stuck with the alternates that felt like regular homes to me because they never wore red at home against the Blackhawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ark said:

Bruins should wear this

 

bruins_grosek_800x600.jpg

 

It was great for the 90s and weekend hockey on Fox.  Not the worst jersey worn in the NHL.  The Pooh bear logo ruins it.

 

It's interesting to see the difference in the jerseys the fans are wearing behind the glass.  The CCM crest is way bigger than the Starter crest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I will proudly admit that I own a Pooh bear Bruins jersey. No...I feel shame.

 

Same. I have a pretty extensive NHL jersey collection and own a lot of the "ugliest" uni's so I had to have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 2:37 AM, ElwoodCuse said:

Nashville and New Jersey are the two biggest disasters of this changeover

Washington as well.  Had the PERFECT chance to go back to the retro look and stuck with the same design but shifted the Bettman apron stripes to the shoulders straight across.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Reports today say the Hawks and Bruins will play in the 2019 Winter Classic at Notre Dame Stadium.

 

First of all, major snoozers. Second, I really hope the Hawks finally do something creative with their WC uniforms. The only interesting one was the first.

 

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Blackhawks again? Seriously? It's time for NHL to making "Blackhawks outdoor classic" and left other outdoor games for rest of the 30 teams.

 

19 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

What did you expect?  Chicago is the nearest team to Notre Dame.  The Winter Classic is the big outdoor game of the year, of course they're going to feature the premier teams.  Im a Lightning fan and I know it'll likely take hell freezing over to see the Bolts play outside on New Years Day.

 

The Stadium Series games are where the teams in the rest of the league who will likely not make it to the New Years showdown get to play.

 

17 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

I expected longer gap for Blackhawks especially that since 2014 they played outdoor every year (except current season). Also it's gonna be their 3rd Winter Classic apperance in last 5 editions! At least now they're a home team so no more white jersey.

 

On all of this I have one argument to make.  Chicago, aside from Pittsburgh, is one of the the NHLs most popular AND profitable teams going right now.  Chicago being in the 2019 Winter Classic does not bother me and plus it would be the 10th anniversary for them hosting their first one in 2009 when they played Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

 

Same. I have a pretty extensive NHL jersey collection and own a lot of the "ugliest" uni's so I had to have one.

 

After years upon years of thoroughly trashing the Pooh Bears, I had an epiphany a few years ago.

Now I own 2 of them, customized (Rob DiMaio 19 w/ Bruins 75th anniversary patch and PJ Stock 42)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beantown77 said:

 

After years upon years of thoroughly trashing the Pooh Bears, I had an epiphany a few years ago.

Now I own 2 of them, customized (Rob DiMaio 19 w/ Bruins 75th anniversary patch and PJ Stock 42)

 

Nice! I always liked them and as I started collecting knew I wanted one. I'm actually a NYC area sports fan and it's the only Boston product I own haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was probably the target audience for when they came out, and I loved them at the time.  I think now I'd still say I have an appreciation for what they were/when they were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

 

Same. I have a pretty extensive NHL jersey collection and own a lot of the "ugliest" uni's so I had to have one.

Got a Burger Kings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the Blackhawks finally break this out:

 

Blackhawks02.png

 

And this would be a unique look for Boston (the football-style numbers would fit the setting well):

 

Bruins11.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that the Hawks are just going to wear their normal jerseys (unsure whether home or away) due to them playing annually, but I can't find the link. It's like they don't even want to participate in this anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

I read somewhere that the Hawks are just going to wear their normal jerseys (unsure whether home or away) due to them playing annually, but I can't find the link. It's like they don't even want to participate in this anymore.

Man, that would suck, they could something creative now that they’re actually at home. Wearing their home would just ruin the outdoor game experience a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

I read somewhere that the Hawks are just going to wear their normal jerseys (unsure whether home or away) due to them playing annually, but I can't find the link. It's like they don't even want to participate in this anymore.

 

Oh, yeah, the NHL and Rocky Wirtz absolutely hate free money. That story checks out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now