Bmac

NHL 2017-18

On 2017-11-11 at 7:59 AM, ldconcepts said:

DOUVmkDUIAAYTzL?format=jpg

Based on this teaser which I'm assuming for now is part of the sleeve striping I'd say it doesn't look like there's a stripe in the middle. Unless the middle stripe is white and the lower stripe is black or gold but it doesn't look like it based on the pencil drawing.

This teaser shows a bit more than the first, and it actually does look like a thin silver stripe separating the black & white.

Still not sure what colour the actual jersey is going to be though. Red would be interesting, given the team's already done a black & white heritage set, but I'm still hoping for black. One red jersey is one to many for the team IMO.

DOiuD4MVwAAEpay.jpg:large

I'm interested to see how Ottawa's comes together with regard to potential new uniforms next year.  If it might be a preview. 

One thing i do like with these is they're incorporating the silver band in a more subtle way than Detroit did.  Not that I like it, but at least they seem to have made it work better

I'm happy to see that Montreal appears to be going with something different, instead of simply wearing essentially the same jersey as their regular ones like they had done when they played in the Heritage Classics.  

One thing about Ottawa's teaser is proof that they could fix the collars, without actually changing the collar, (for some teams, any ways) by using a third colour..  

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

I'm interested to see how Ottawa's comes together with regard to potential new uniforms next year.  If it might be a preview. 

One thing i do like with these is they're incorporating the silver band in a more subtle way than Detroit did.  Not that I like it, but at least they seem to have made it work better

While I've made it pretty clear on this board that I'm on team "go with the O", I'd actually prefer a primarily black 2D gladiator set over a primarily red =O= set.

Every red & black team in the league uses red at home, and with the addition of silver you're suddenly entering Carolina territory.

As a one-off special event jersey I'm ok with it, but this team should be in black, like they were when they entered the league.

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The future of yesterday comes to life tomorrow which is the day after today which is the future of right now but will be the yesterday of Wednesday which is the future of yesterday where today was tomorrow and thus the future of yesterday which brings us to Tuesday.

Somebody forgot to speedholerize the numbers on Adidas' signature gimmick game uniforms. How are the players going to survive under all that extra weight?

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Somebody forgot to speedholerize the numbers on Adidas' signature gimmick game uniforms. How are the players going to survive under all that extra weight?

The same way everyone else survives your dated jokes.

If "The future of yesterday comes to life tomorrow" so it means that "The past of tommorow comes to life yesterday"?

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The same way everyone else survives your dated jokes.

Meow. I'm sure Simpsons jokes will endure beyond perforated hockey numbers. The new NBA uniforms don't even last a game.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:33 PM, youcan'tseeme said:

First time I've seen Boston in action with the black socks. When I first heard I thought it'd be great, but I realize now how wrong I was!

Yep, the gold socks add balance to the gold shoulder yoke. Without them, the uniform seems unbalanced.

patrice-bergeron-c2720eee64c613e2.jpg

Bergeron-10-3-17.jpg

The only thing i like about the black socks is how the striping matches. Besides that, they should be yellow. 

Also, what Ottawa should be wearing is something along the lines of these (Who seem to have been made in NHL 18): https://streamable.com/4mqs6

Habs came away better here IMO. I'm glad the silver O is a one-off, and a hem stripe would really help the Sens sweater.

DOnlftcWkAENP_c.jpg:large

Bruins black socks are an upgrade imo, it match’s the sleeve and hem stripes.