NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2017 at 5:12 AM, jerseyjunk said:

Yellow socks are superior, but the stripes needs to match  the jersey. Any concepts on how to fix that?

What about a compromise where they sock stripes aren't random but mimic the shoulders? I think with the bruins (being a classic team) you're always going to run into a design that either looks wrong (black socks) or is uniformly wrong (the old socks) and never have a winner.

_ZQ3xQYySeu7r5QGbThGxQ.png

2 hours ago, capn89 said:

What about a compromise where they sock stripes aren't random but mimic the shoulders? I think with the bruins (being a classic team) you're always going to run into a design that either looks wrong (black socks) or is uniformly wrong (the old socks) and never have a winner.

Maybe a touch on the modern side, but honestly not a bad option for that uniform. I think having a big black stripe trimmed in white (provided the white is the same weight as the trim on the yoke) works as well; reverse of the yoke, so to speak.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ducks are wearing Kariya Mighty Ducks and Selanne Third jerseys for the pregame warmup tonight.

I could be mistaken but, interestingly, the Selanne Thirds appear to be reproduced using a CCM style cut, despite this uniform being from the Edge era, and being almost the same as what they wear today.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

6 hours ago, capn89 said:

That looks bad.  Just go back to the yellow socks and be done with it.  Actually, also go back to the 3 layer numbers as it goes with the striping.

11 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Ducks are wearing Kariya Mighty Ducks and Selanne Third jerseys for the pregame warmup tonight.

I could be mistaken but, interestingly, the Selanne Thirds appear to be reproduced using a CCM style cut, despite this uniform being from the Edge era, and being almost the same as what they wear today.

Yeah, there was stuff off about the Selanne jerseys (thicker shoulder piping, the collar), which like you said is especially strange since it's almost what they wear now. They really didn't have any of these from two/three years ago in storage? There were similar reproduction issues on some of the Teemu throwbacks from his number retirement and the 2007 Cup replicas for the 10-year celebration last year.

And it was great to see the Mighty jerseys (and Paul Kariya) on the ice again, even if just a bit.

Although, the Selanne/Kariya Mighty Ducks throwbacks they were selling in the team store were absolute highway robbery at $500 a pop. Asinine.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

55 minutes ago, M4One said:

With those Ducks throwbacks being made by CCM, I guess that does mean they still have the license to make vintage jerseys after being sold off by Adidas.

Same for the Bolts throwbacks from a week or so ago, i noticed the CCM tags on the ice for warmups.

Archived