NHL 2017-18

Bmac

There are some nits I could pick about the Sabres' jersey, but it's mostly good. I don't think you absolutely need yellow on both, but between the names/numbers and the yoke, that's a whole lot of blue-and-white. The NY is dumb and this whole game is a sham, but you guys already knew that.

For the throwback/fauxback consideration, the Sabres didn't really have a lot of places to go for a real throwback. The slugs are a no. The time probably hasn't quite come for a goat head throwback (although hopefully at or before the 50th). Other than that, they've only really had one home and one away. They did the straight throwback in the first Winter Classic. They did the "inspired by a local pre-NHL team" thing for their 40th anniversary jerseys. So, it seems like they went with "good jersey in classic colors". Not perfect, but I'm just glad they didn't completely botch it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The white crew neck is straight from the original jersey:

806721566f37cc08a84285e1f5bdde22.jpg

Yeah, but this is one of those times when I wouldn’t prefer an accurate throwback. 

Or maybe I would, if they had been more accurate. But with the NY shield on the front, and the horrendous collar on the modern template, they’ve already changed it enough to ruin the throwback feel.

I’d much rather have an “inspired by” that works on a modern template with modern materials.  

The collar is bad, but I do like the yoke detail that kinda mimics the white jersey.  When it's actually on a player and shifted up towards the top of the shoulders, it reduces the clutter. 

The NY shield reminds me of the Phila keystone C and A patches.  Wonder if that was the inspiration.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but this is one of those times when I wouldn’t prefer an accurate throwback. 

Or maybe I would, if they had been more accurate. But with the NY shield on the front, and the horrendous collar on the modern template, they’ve already changed it enough to ruin the throwback feel.

I’d much rather have an “inspired by” that works on a modern template with modern materials.  

I can see that. I honestly forgot they had the trimmed yoke on these.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

He was having a laugh.  

Cruel, because his concept was so much better than the actual ones. 

DPah0pqW0AAvjfv.jpg

That collar.  And the stupid phantom yoke stripes.   Ugh. 

The collar’s bad (though to be fair ALL of the Adidas collars are bad), and the NY in the shield is needless clutter, but the yoke stripes? That’s the one redeeming feature. 

That shoulder stripe pattern’s a mainstay on the Rangers’ white sweaters. So seeing it on a blue sweater’s kind of cool. 

14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The collar’s bad (though to be fair ALL of the Adidas collars are bad), and the NY in the shield is needless clutter, but the yoke stripes? That’s the one redeeming feature. 

That shoulder stripe pattern’s a mainstay on the Rangers’ white sweaters. So seeing it on a blue sweater’s kind of cool. 

Why can't they put the NHL shield inside the white part, that would improve the clutter a bit.. But still, the whole toilet seat collar are terrible. 

All this hate on the yoke stripes is comical as a lot of the Rangers concepts out there have the same thing and everyone always loves it. 

These collars are also weird in that they're like the reverse of the other Adidas collar. This one looks like an old ccm/koho v-neck that they're adding more to make it look crew neck. The standard Adidas one is a crew neck trying to be a v. 

16 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It looks like normal players will have NY logo on chest.

cut.jpg

I like that a lot actually.  Look at all those stripes. STRIPES.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

9 hours ago, Morgo said:

That doesn't make it good.

Did I say it did? I was pointing out the context.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Did I say it did? I was pointing out the context.

Fair enough but you've been known for defending the new collars in the past so it wasn't that big of a leap.  The problem with the Rangers collar is the same problem that plagues all the Adidas jerseys.  It's just too big.  Shrink the thickness down a little bit and it would look fine.

The problem with the collar isn't that it's white. It's that the Adidas template makes it a huge eyesore. Put this set on the last Reebok Winter Classic crew neck template, and you've probably got a winner.

I know we've driven this point into the ground, as we're wont to do at ye olde CCSLC, but damn these Adidas templates. Damn these collars and god damn these mesh shoulders. It already makes me angry that with the Ducks likely coming out with new jerseys next season, I don't know if I'll be able to buy it because I just can't get over the collars and mesh shoulders. They're points of no return on these.

After the initial round of EDGE complaints, Reebok eventually cleaned up their act. One only hopes Adidas can do the same.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived