NHL 2017-18

Bmac

The Blue Jackets alternate would look fantastic if they didn't resort to vintage white.  Metallic silver and vintage white mix about as well as oil and water.  It's a shame because everything else about the jersey looks solid.  It would otherwise be a perfect compliment to their full-time look.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The Blue Jackets alternate would look fantastic if they didn't resort to vintage white.  Metallic silver and vintage white mix about as well as oil and water.  It's a shame because everything else about the jersey looks solid.  It would otherwise be a perfect compliment to their full-time look.

What is are the chances you guys go back to the 80s look? If it's likely I'll hold off on buying a shirt and hat w/ the black C. 

23 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

^ That's a pity. I think their third jersey is their best jersey and that cannon logo is superior to the flag logo.

It's OK as an alternate uniform, but the cannon logo doesn't work as an NHL team's primary mark. It would look more at home on a soccer/football shirt.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

9 hours ago, Bayne said:

Everytime I see Columbus in their thirds I am disappointed. They've been around for way too long.

I went to a game a couple weeks ago and forgot to check the schedule, was disappointed when they came out in the thirds. Also because it meant I wasn't wearing my third jersey and I like to match what the team wears. I find them really stale and dull. Not enough color. Definitely not enough color to work for a full 82 game season. I appear to be in the minority of CBJ fans on this. I'm quite alright with them using the blue and red look next season. 

34 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

It's OK as an alternate uniform, but the cannon logo doesn't work as an NHL team's primary mark. It would look more at home on a soccer/football shirt.

Far too detailed and looks bad at small sizes. It was designed to be faux-vintage jersey crest and that's it, but now they're using it for all of these other things it was never meant for, like the shoulder patches on the primary, which I hate. A cannon isn't a bad visual to start from, but the clip art one from the thirds isn't the way to go. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

My problems with Columbus' look aren't common:

- Their socks don't match the sleeves in any way. I wish they would rectify that.

- They're one of a few teams that should have home and road breezers. The red looks good at home but sticks out on the road.

I do not want them to promote their alts to primary home and design a road based on that set. The current home and road are very underrated.

33 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I went to a game a couple weeks ago and forgot to check the schedule, was disappointed when they came out in the thirds. Also because it meant I wasn't wearing my third jersey and I like to match what the team wears. I find them really stale and dull. Not enough color. Definitely not enough color to work for a full 82 game season. I appear to be in the minority of CBJ fans on this. I'm quite alright with them using the blue and red look next season. 

Far too detailed and looks bad at small sizes. It was designed to be faux-vintage jersey crest and that's it, but now they're using it for all of these other things it was never meant for, like the shoulder patches on the primary, which I hate. A cannon isn't a bad visual to start from, but the clip art one from the thirds isn't the way to go. 

Side note: If you were to start selling a navy or dark gray T-shirt with your minimalist cannon and "COLUMBUS" in arched red serif block above it, I would buy it today.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Side note: If you were to start selling a navy or dark gray T-shirt with your minimalist cannon and "COLUMBUS" in arched red serif block above it, I would buy it today.

That's an idea! I will get right on that. Sincerely. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

That's an idea! I will get right on that. Sincerely. 

Red text/image on navy, blue text/image on grey, both would look awesome. Gotta have blue in there somewhere, they ARE the Blue Jackets, after all.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

7 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Hey Wildwing, presuming you are a Ducks fan, what happens to the jersey in your signature? Would be a shame to lose it...

14 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

What is are the chances you guys go back to the 80s look? If it's likely I'll hold off on buying a shirt and hat w/ the black C. 

Given the trends, I would say it's likely but you just never know with this team.  They've made some really boneheaded decisions since 2007.

5 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Was just poking around the Golden Knight's (should've been Silver Knights) website after they signed their first player, Reid Duke. On the website, there is a picture of him in what could possibly be their jersey. It appears to have a red collar and white cuffs.

25aoz2h.jpg

Nah, it's just a cropped version of this photo

451394318.0.jpg

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

6 hours ago, jujubeans said:

Vegas blatantly ripping off Minnesota's jersey. Didn't even change the shoulder patch smh

Introducing your Minnesota Vegas Green n' Gold Wild Knights! (Of Anaheim)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...

Archived