Bmac

NHL 2017-18

If we're sticking with this divisional tournament ASG format for a while, maybe it would be a good idea to design division logos to go along with conference logos. All those NHL crests get redundant.

On 15.08.2017 at 1:56 AM, pepis21 said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that All Star Game uniforms will have 3 stripes.

Damn it, I was right...

Anyway, if you remove stars from this Central jersey, replace silver by white and maybe wrap stripes all around sleeves, you might receive pretty good alternate jersey for Flyers.

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Damn it, I was right...

Anyway, if you remove stars from this Central jersey, replace silver by white and maybe wrap stripes all around sleeves, you might receive pretty good alternate jersey for Flyers.

^_^

Spoiler

LucasD-PHI.png

On the other hand, I like the general idea of these, but the execution leaves something to be desired. I wish the 3-Stripes weren’t there, and the colour scheme was limited to orange-black-grey-white. The numbers look nice. All in all, not bad.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

If we're sticking with this divisional tournament ASG format for a while, maybe it would be a good idea to design division logos to go along with conference logos. All those NHL crests get redundant.

Something as simple as taking "NHL" and the two diagonal lines out of the shield, and replacing that with the first letter of the division name could work. You've already got the league name on the neck and shiny as all hell. That should be plenty.

West much better looking than East. They should have just had a blue, black, orange and yellow version

I never thought I'd say this, but the Adidas stripes actually kinda tie the whole thing together. The influences of the past, as well as the modernized Adidas template/design style really work well together. The orange, black, and silver all pop beautifully, as do the neon green, blue, and silver. All in all, I really like these, and if I wasn't broke, I'd definitely get myself one.

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd argue that caramelized pineapple in julienned strips might be a good pizza topping, but raw chunks are a nasty mishmash of texture and prevents proper folding. 

Also, I'd say any form of pineapple on pizza is a sin, no matter how caramelized it is. I think the Bible said it or something. Also +10 points for pizza folding. Almost makes up for the disastrous use of pineapple.

Apologies to the mods for going off topic, but pizza with pineapple, bacon, and barbecue sauce in place of traditional tomato sauce is delicious.

I don't hate the highlighter green/yellow, but I think it needs to be a little bolder to stand up against that rich blue. It looks okay against the gray, but it just seems kinda washed out against the blue. For all-star jerseys, they're fine. I think the NHL shield is the right choice for the crest, but I would put that year's game logo as one shoulder patch, and come up with some kind of specific logo for each division for the other shoulder. If they're not going to have a returning color scheme for each division, they should have some kind of way to identify which division it is, other than the dreaded hanger effect.

There have been far worse designs, but I can't get past the Addydass stripes, both on principle and for being one thing too many. The use of those paired with the neon colours make these feel like a weird hybrid of an All-Star uniform and generic sportswear.

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Something as simple as taking "NHL" and the two diagonal lines out of the shield, and replacing that with the first letter of the division name could work. You've already got the league name on the neck and shiny as all hell. That should be plenty.

They kind of had that last year as logos.  I'd have to dig them up but they looked good for what it was.

I made this a while ago... Don't mind the, ahem, out there jersey design, but more the logo application. Flat, uniquely coloured shield-star crests, and shoulder patches matching the jersey colour on an off-coloured yoke. I think something like these patches could work.

Spoiler

LucasDaitchman-2018ASG.png

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Apologies to the mods for going off topic, but pizza with pineapple, bacon, and barbecue sauce in place of traditional tomato sauce is delicious.

I don't hate the highlighter green/yellow, but I think it needs to be a little bolder to stand up against that rich blue. It looks okay against the gray, but it just seems kinda washed out against the blue. For all-star jerseys, they're fine. I think the NHL shield is the right choice for the crest, but I would put that year's game logo as one shoulder patch, and come up with some kind of specific logo for each division for the other shoulder. If they're not going to have a returning color scheme for each division, they should have some kind of way to identify which division it is, other than the dreaded hanger effect.

100% agreed on the pizza.

When I saw the picture of the jerseys last night I said almost the exact same thing to my buddy. 

In my opinion, the all star game jerseys are were you go a little crazy with colours or design. I'd love to see them use 4 different colours (no white) one year too. 

Pineapple on pizza is permissible particularly as part of a proper Hawaiian pizza. It can't be with other stuff, and it has to be thinly sliced. And pizza doesn't need to be folded. AYYYYY I'm not WALKIN' HERE

Did we ever codify the rule about how the longer a CCSLC thread goes, the probability of discussing pizza approaches 1?

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Pineapple on pizza is permissible particularly as part of a proper Hawaiian pizza. It can't be with other stuff, and it has to be thinly sliced. And pizza doesn't need to be folded. AYYYYY I'm not WALKIN' HERE

Did we ever codify the rule about how the longer a CCSLC thread goes, the probability of discussing pizza approaches 1?

I don't think I've ever eaten a slice of pizza without folding it.  How else can you eat one with only one hand, unless it's crispy AF?