NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, hockey week said:

Am I the only one that sees that Adidas collar NHL logo notch and think

You might've been before, but I can't unsee it now :lol:

--

They almost had a solid if generic uniform here. The big red hemstripe is silly, but not as stupid as "Caps". Why not use that W logo on the front?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is going on with the bottom stripe? It’s so big it almost gives off a a half and half look. It looks like that old gradient Canucks alt but without the gradient.

And why are the so against putting the WEagle on a jersey and instead are using a stupid nickname? Are the afraid people will realize that logo is better than their current?

I think Adidas got tired of people complaining about the lack of a proper hem stripe on some of the jerseys, so they went overboard with the Caps jersey.  Is it just me, or does it seem like this particular template has been reused a few times now for the World Cup and Stadium Series jerseys, adding or subtracting elements like the shoulder yoke as needed.

Ok, it's a navy and this is a plus, but my God that red hem stripe is hideous,what were they thinking?! It's too big and too bland, add stars on it or something. Basically this stripe ruined everything. I like "W" on pants, but for me it looks like they completly didn't know where to slap it.

I hope Toronto uniform will be much better.

4r2eer.png

Both the Bruins and Canadiens are wearing a patch in honour of the 60th anniversary of Willie O'Ree breaking the colour barrier in the NHL in tonight's game.

The Bruins were also able to run a video tribute to Claude Julien in his first game back and celebrate Willie O'Ree.  How 'bout that.

DTw-NhfXcAIUIBC.jpg

A child could design a better uniform than the Capitals Stadium Series jersey.  How difficult would have been to separate the navy and red with white stripes to add contrast and balance out the uniform?  The nickname wordmarks weren't cool in 2008 with the "Sens" and "Bolts" either.

Those caps uniforms are trash. The p looks soooo bad.  The p "works" (relatively) with the primary logo.  The way the p connects with the i, the t, and the a, it almost looks like a goal to me.  I don't love it, but its tolerable.  The p by itself without its other oddly shaped friends looks so out of place

Washington Capitals (2008 - Pres)

90758391980.gif

11 hours ago, Brass said:

Let's also eliminate the amount of goddamned outdoor games, too.

A few years ago I would agree, but theres only three now, and one of them was due to the 100th anniversary of the league.  One a regular basis, one Winter Classic and one Stadium Series is a perfect number

6 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

This took like 2 minutes in Paint. They could have done something like this, in modern colors or the throwback colors 

caps.png

The calps? ^_^ But yeah, I've always been a bigger fan of that font over the current font.

I think they should have put the W and stars on the jersey, and the caps on the pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The calps? ^_^ But yeah, I've always been a bigger fan of that font over the current font.

I think they should have put the W and stars on the jersey, and the caps on the pants.

Yeah I guess it would get a little confusing where it's like the stick is a letter sometimes but not all the time. Back to the drawing board 

90758391980.gif

I think you might be on to something though. I can't mock it up right now, but what if turned the decender of the P into the hockey stick? It wouldn't work on the old Capitals font (funny...I can't bring myself to type "Caps" anymore), but the new logotype is italicized enough to pull it off I think.

Archived