NHL 2017-18

Bmac

meh, at least the red/green is a unique color scheme (yes I'm aware the Wild have since usurped it, sort of). The Devils current look is fine, but I just dislike the proliferation of red/black teams in the NHL  I have no issues with them going back, although the thought of having to endure a season ticket package of Devils games seems rather horrifying at the moment, 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CRichardson said:

NJ's throwbacks are overrated and highly inferior to what they're currently wearing.

THANK YOU.

I have nothing against red and green as a color scheme (in fact, I love it on the Wild, though that's obviously different shades of red and green), but the red and black work perfectly for the Devils. They're a team named the Devils, for crying out loud! Red and black are the most fitting colors possible.

And NJ's throwbacks have some of the worst stripes in NHL history. The floating white stripe on the arms, the lack of consistency between the arm stripes and the hem stripes, and the inconsistent sizing of the stripes drives me nuts. Honestly, my eyes hurt just looking at the stripes on this jersey:

$(kgrhqrhjeqe88deze0obpy1-9y7iq__60_1989

If the Devils do decide to go back to red and green (which I really hope they don't), I can only hope that they simply take the current jerseys and swap out black for red. It would still represent a downgrade, IMO, but at least it wouldn't be a return to this hideous, inconsistent, bizarre striping pattern (if you can call it that).

The Devils easily have one of the top 10 looks in the NHL today. It's a modern classic - I hope they're not dumb enough to screw it up out of nostalgia for a time when the team was terrible, their fanbase was tiny, and when Gretzky was calling them a "Mickey Mouse operation."

3 minutes ago, kroywen said:

THANK YOU.

I have nothing against red and green as a color scheme (in fact, I love it on the Wild, though that's obviously different shades of red and green), but the red and black work perfectly for the Devils. They're a team named the Devils, for crying out loud! Red and black are the most fitting colors possible.

except their name isn't derived from THAT Devil. 

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

except their name isn't derived from THAT Devil. 

Obviously, but the name "Devils" inherently evokes satanic/hellish imagery. The Devils have clearly embraced that, what with the horns and pointed tail in their logo (as well as the occasional use of pitchforks in their imagery for special events, promotions, etc.). 

Reality is that the Jersey Devil itself doesn't really have a look, outside of a handful of random sketches as to what the mythical creature might look like. They've taken the wise approach of using traditional "devil-ish" imagery, given that that's what the name evokes for virtually everyone.

Still can't believe they are changing the jerseys for no reason!!! They have had the exact same jerseys for the past 25 years. And it is one of the best in the league. And they have had amazing success wearing it. It actually makes no sense at all.

All I ever wanted the Devils to do was add an outline to the yokes to match the sleeve and hem stripes. That's all.

Use the old green set as an alt? Unveil a garish black alt? Both fine, as long as the main sets stay the same or get the minor tweak I wanted.

Change the set? Noooope.

I'm keeping an open mind regarding the Devils.  I feel like the words "complete makeover" are terrifying from a traditionalists' perspective, but if they're keeping the logo and keeping the colors, what all can you really do?  I'm anticipating a cool alternate logo, a unique pattern in lieu of the solid yoke, and something that resembles a modernist Winter Classic mishmash.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would be fine with an alternate logo for the shoulders, an outline on the yoke, or a black third jersey. But a change to anything else...there is no need for that. At the VERY BEST case scenario, the new jerseys will be a lateral movement. And IMO even then, it will still be a downgrade because it wont have the history associated with it

I prefer the Devils in red and hunter green but for the current red and black scheme, I would just go back to the red and green template but keep the black in place of the green. Red needs to be more prominent, ie. home helmets, red yokes on the whites and striping on the pants. 

To me this would be the perfect set of Devils jerseys. Keep the current home jersey but add a white outline to the yoke, go back to red helmets, and add the old striping pattern to the black pants. For the road simply use the original home jersey but recolored with black replacing green. Then keep the current 1980's retro set as an alternate. In my opinion this would be the best combination of all era's. 

Devils19.jpg

New_Jersey_Devils.png

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

32 minutes ago, Chico said:

To me this would be the perfect set of Devils jerseys. Keep the current home jersey but add a white outline to the yolk, go back to red helmets, and add the old striping pattern to the black pants. For the road simply use the original home jersey but recolored with black replacing green. Then keep the current 1980's retro set as an alternate. In my opinion this would be the best combination of all era's. 

Devils19.jpg

New_Jersey_Devils.png

It's "yoke."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyone like to try a concept?  Swapping black and red on the uniform, with the sweater being black, the yoke, pants, and helmets going to red?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, Chico said:

To me this would be the perfect set of Devils jerseys. Keep the current home jersey but add a white outline to the yoke, go back to red helmets, and add the old striping pattern to the black pants. For the road simply use the original home jersey but recolored with black replacing green. Then keep the current 1980's retro set as an alternate. In my opinion this would be the best combination of all era's. 

Devils19.jpg

New_Jersey_Devils.png

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.

Archived