NHL 2017-18

Bmac

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why not have throwback nights like baseball does, without making it a third jersey? And even if they wore it for a year or two...pretty sure they'd make more money by selling jerseys than just "hey guys we wore this one night during warmups but only 10,000 people saw them so get bent if you want one."

There's so many damn baseball games in a season. They have more "room" to mix it up. Not that 82 games isn't also a lot, but baseball is different IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple throwback nights per year in the NHL. Teams have already been wearing their outdoor game jerseys without following the regular third jersey rules, so maybe it could happen. Montreal also had like 23 jerseys in their 100 anniversary season.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

I imagine we'll see proper Throwback Nights return following this first season of Adizero.

But there were nights during the Reebok era where teams did throwbacks for warmups. So I'm not confident.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:41 PM, Roger Clemente said:

What's unusual is that after wearing it outside, they changed the name font from this skinny gothic font to their new blocky name font. But tonight, (and I know this because I'm posting this from ice level of the Canadian Tire Centre) they're wearing the skinny font again.

I never realized they had updated the nameplates when they first wore them inside, but upon some further research you're right (I've clearly stopped paying any attention to the games):

910362776.jpg.0.jpg

What's strange is that they literally took the same numbers from the home jerseys (unlike the other =O= jerseys that used double outlines), but offered no explanation on why the name font was changed. I was at least expecting some marketing speak claiming it matches the font used on the original Stanley Cup or something.

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I never realized they had updated the nameplates when they first wore them inside, but upon some further research you're right (I've clearly stopped paying any attention to the games):

910362776.jpg.0.jpg

What's strange is that they literally took the same numbers from the home jerseys (unlike the other =O= jerseys that used double outlines), but offered no explanation on why the name font was changed. I was at least expecting some marketing speak claiming it matches the font used on the original Stanley Cup or something.

It’s from their shield logo and was meant to be paired with those marks, but the jersey ended up using the O logo instead of any of the shield imagery, so it looks a little lost. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, Bayne said:

How so?

I don't see how having a 3d printed name on the side of a hockey helmet looks any better than a traditional decal, especially from the front. And having an additional, unnecessary raised surface in a contact sport where players are constantly rubbing against each other could cause issues with it catching on things.

On February 4, 2018 at 8:34 AM, Cosmic said:

It’s certainly not the greatest idea, but it has its place. At least fans can see it on the ice, and a team can do something special without committing to a whole multi-year run as an official third jersey.

Not as dumb as not even wearing the throwback jersey.

new-york-islanders-fisherman-header.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

25 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

Yes, I said so. That's clearly a fake. Question was more, was it just a random guess or was it based on some leak or info that someone might have had access to?

And yes, it is going to be white.

Random guess.  Looks like someone just inversed the Centennial Classic and dropped the silver from it to me

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

Not as dumb as not even wearing the throwback jersey.

new-york-islanders-fisherman-header.jpg

Now THAT is a dumb idea. You already had to make those jerseys... why not throw them on any game jersey? Heck, even if it were a good looking, historically inaccurate game jersey, I would have given them a pass.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:09 AM, Ark said:

That makes 

This makes me sad because it shows that teams could easily use those classic jersey cuts if they wanted to. 

Those Dallas throwbacks arent Adidas.  The Lightning wore CCM's earlier this year for the 25th anniversary.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, M4One said:

Dallas went retro for the warm ups.  Then they had some players that were on the 1993-94 team for the opening face off, but strangely had them in the current set.

DVJ0DcqU8AA416A.jpg

This hybrid jersey makes me think an Adizero version is in the works for a future alternate.  The numbers are from the 1993/94 set, the thickened hem-stripes are from the season after and the shade of green appears to be current.  It's not quite light enough to be Kelly Green or dark enough to be Forest.  Hard to tell though.

18 minutes ago, Morgo said:

This hybrid jersey makes me think an Adizero version is in the works for a future alternate.  The numbers are from the 1993/94 set, the thickened hem-stripes are from the season after and the shade of green appears to be current.  It's not quite light enough to be Kelly Green or dark enough to be Forest.  Hard to tell though.

The shade of green on the sleeves is definitely not the same shade of green on the socks and pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

One problem with the idea that Adidas will be coming out with their own version.  These were CCM made jerseys.  Not entirely ruling out the possibility, but any alternate is probably going to be the black version, anyways. 

cut.jpg

Archived