NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Absolutely HATED those jerseys. The Norman $ Green $ jerseys is what I called them. The black ones were even worse. Long live the Kelly green and gold N☆.

I like them. There's something badass about them that the current "Kelly" green ones don't have.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Absolutely HATED those jerseys. The Norman $ Green $ jerseys is what I called them. The black ones were even worse. Long live the Kelly green and gold N☆.

I prefer the N Star also, but these aren't bad

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

5 hours ago, charger77 said:

I prefer the N Star also, but these aren't bad

If these ones used a lighter shade of green, like the first version, they would be better (The black jersey would have stripes that are actually visible). The thicker waist stripes are nice though.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

But the Kelly Green and the N-star looked like garbage by the end of that set’s life. The oversized drop shadows, black breezers, and thin/thick black stripe inserts and outlines were a mess. It’s no surprise that they didn’t sell well enough to justify keeping them. I don’t understand why anybody likes this mess:

modano_front.jpg

The ‘90s look (before the dark green) was honestly refreshing after the awkward BFBS bastardization of the old set. Besides, the Gunds and the Timberwolves (can’t stress the latter enough - North Stars fans should hate the Timberwolves for not letting them play at the Target Center) had screwed the franchise hard before Green got the team.

I don't see an issue with those. They look really good. Way better than the de-Northed set that followed. I'd like to think the North Stars, had they stayed, would have moved to forest green and vintage white with a simpler version of the logo, but that set is fine.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

But the Kelly Green and the N-star looked like garbage by the end of that set’s life. The oversized drop shadows, black breezers, and thin/thick black stripe inserts and outlines were a mess. It’s no surprise that they didn’t sell well enough to justify keeping them. I don’t understand why anybody likes this mess:

modano_front.jpg

The ‘90s look (before the dark green) was honestly refreshing after the awkward BFBS bastardization of the old set. Besides, the Gunds and the Timberwolves (can’t stress the latter enough - North Stars fans should hate the Timberwolves for not letting them play at the Target Center) had screwed the franchise hard before Green got the team.

See, that’s one of my all-time favourite NHL looks. 

The Mooterus and the black and gold DALLAS set are the only BAD uniforms the Stars ever had...

I love the early 90s set. It would make a perfect alternate to add to this set.

The N-Star with Black is one of the worst looks in NHL history for me, up there with the Thrashers’ Edge redesign and the Canucks’ yellow jerseys. I get why people like it, but I think it’s a giant mess of things that just don’t go together.

Still, the best uniform set in Minnesota hockey history is this:

Wild01.png

...and it’s not even close.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

The N-Star with Black is one of the worst looks in NHL history for me, up there with the Thrashers’ Edge redesign and the Canucks’ yellow jerseys. I get why people like it, but I think it’s a giant mess of things that just don’t go together.

Still, the best uniform set in Minnesota hockey history is this:

Wild01.png

...and it’s not even close.

The "Wild NHL Hockey" secondary is bad, and the performance armpits are really really really bad. The script sweaters were the only great ones the team ever had.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived