NHL 2017-18

Bmac

56 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

So it’s nearly March, have we received any updates on potential alternates for next season?

I haven't heard much, man. I don't know why, exactly, we know so little, but it appears that Ottawa's change to some form of the "=0=" uniforms is the only "certainty" to date.

Outside of that, everything is a rumor.

We hear now of a rumored heritage or new black SJ jersey. Canes' new owner has teased using the Whalers jersey as an alt. Everyone and their mother is waiting for the Flames to make a switch, but nothing's been confirmed. 

The only other team that seemed destined for a change -- and had on-the-record comments from ownership -- was the Ducks, but someone recently posted potential changes next year (from a European catalog or something), and the Ducks primaries were not changing there. Strange. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stars were apparently planning a throwback alternate for this season,  but Adidas didn't comply with that... so I'd expect that jersey to be worn next year.

But that's not confirmed. Just heavily rumored.

Obviously the post - Lou Devils have kinda thrown all their strict jersey traditions out the window. Would not be surprised at all if the Devils released a 3rd jersey next year. Would have to figure it would be black and possibly have a New Jersey theme

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Sharks first Edge jerseys were so much better than what they wear now.  If your going to use orange trim, embrace it.  Having the orange piping on just one side of the sleeve-stripe defies logic and taste.  It's like they couldn't decide on removing orange all-together and went with a lazy compromise.

iSUew1c.pngvTxFSMn.png

There were really only three things that needed to happen to this set.  The removal of the front numbers, the removal of the shoulder yokes and the implementation of the logo below as a shoulder patch.

The “new” numbers are also an improvement, but I otherwise agree.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 19/02/2018 at 2:24 AM, andrewharrington said:

You musta been captain of the debate team.

I gave an honest response to your question. I'm not going to fabricate an opinion just for the sake of making an argument that will essentially arrive at the same conclusion!

14 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I really like the diamond logo.  If they insist on using orange for some reason, that’s a good use. 

The round logo just looks off to me.  Maybe it’s the white waves, or the unbalanced treatment with the fin so far to one side.  But it’s just not good. 

The updated fin logo is clip art. No character. The old one while not perfect, at least carries a distinct 90's retro meanness. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

The updated fin logo is clip art. No character. The old one while not perfect, at least carries a distinct 90's retro meanness. 

I'll give you a 90's feel, but I don't think the round fin logo has any more character or is any less "clip art".

21 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'll give you a 90's feel, but I don't think the round fin logo has any more character or is any less "clip art".

I would argue that the character I'm talking about comes from the fact that it carries with it the 90's feel. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, charger77 said:

On the new Adidas numbers for teams like Edmonton/Ottawa/etc... are there literally holes in the numbers or is that just an effect printed on them?

They are physically perforated. The goal is to get more air flowing through the back panel of the jersey so the numbers don’t get quite as soaked and also dry a little faster if they do get sweaty or snowy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

They are physically perforated. The goal is to get more air flowing through the back panel of the jersey so the numbers don’t get quite as soaked and also dry a little faster if they do get sweaty or snowy.

Just imagine If Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky had that kind of technology available when they played

<_<

On 2/19/2018 at 3:18 PM, Chromatic said:

So it’s nearly March, have we received any updates on potential alternates for next season?

Hey @Chromatic

Here's some more information about the Ducks NOT going orange next year.

As I noted in a previous post, they're sticking with the status quo.

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

Just imagine If Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky had that kind of technology available when they played

Imagine if Mario Lemieux didn't smoke like a grizzled film noir detective. The rare athlete who thrived with performance-reducing drugs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, skip88 said:

<_<

Great point. Progress is overrated. How dare people try to make garments more comfortable or better performing.

200.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I would bet money that a Seattle NHL team would have Seahawks/Sounders colors

I'd take that bet. I think they're going to go green and gold. No team in the NHL wears it since Dallas rebranded, it fits Seattle well, and it ties into the Sonics identity since they most likely will be sharing Key Arena with them in the future. Also, it's bad branding to wear the same colours as your immediate rival up the road.

Archived