Bmac

NHL 2017-18

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Does anyone know whether the Leafs will be wearing St Pats throwbacks this week?

Chris said on Twitter that they would not.

Edit:

Sharks AHL team worse black jerseys last night and I feel they looked so much better than the Sharks black version did.

men-s-san-jose-sharks-joe-pavelski-reebo

Those look great. The numbers look so much cleaner with the double outline and thinner lines.

28 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Those look great. The numbers look so much cleaner with the double outline and thinner lines.

If only the logo on the front wasn't so terrible.

Except for the numbers, I don't see how its better.  The white sleeve stripes are over sized.  Looks like a bad counterfeit jersey.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Vancouver’s backyard is totes cool though ;) 

Hamilton to Toronto is about 70km. 

Seattle to Vancouver is 230km and an international border. It's not really the same. Plus, Canucks' ownership wants a natural geographic rival. 

Are Ottawa and Washington the only teams that still use the awful Edge design?

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Also works because Rangers only had a one game road trip, and didn't have to pack two sets of equipment. 

Yeah... it's not unheard of for teams to do this (I think it's normally late in the season), but the catch is they have to find a willing partner.

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

Yeah... it's not unheard of for teams to do this (I think it's normally late in the season), but the catch is they have to find a willing partner.

I remember the sabres did it all the time for the leafs, when they still had a white third jersey they wanted to wear at home.

Sharks wore this for warm-ups for some reason. Wonder if the logo will be on the 3rds next season

It really feels like they're rolling those out as new logos as gradually as possible for some reason. The current usage doesn't make any sense, they don't function as 'alternate logos' when they look entirely different in style than the primary logos. 

If those are going to replace the current logos, I'm all for it if it means that the orange will be relegated to just the shark's eye.

11 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

If those are going to replace the current logos, I'm all for it if it means that the orange will be relegated to just the shark's eye.

But the orange isn’t meant to be anything more than that really. Maybe they incorporate it into the uniforms some how.

Im also all for it if they change their uniforms and logos to this set. The logos are nice! 

Much better than current primary logo. I could see them switch to this logo in a year or two

I could see the Sharks going with an alternate based on that warm up.  Always thought that logo made more sense on the front of the jersey instead of just being on the shoulders.  I wouldn't switch it for the current logo, though.  At the same time, they should switch both sets of shoulder logos to the updated fin or a version of it.