NHL 2017-18

Bmac

It's overly detailed and cartoony. It's a weird shape as well and will look terrible shrunk down ala Dallas' logo. Overall, it's not good.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, poser said:

Sharks wore this for warm-ups for some reason. Wonder if the logo will be on the 3rds next season

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like this logo. It looks more like an illustration than a logo...basically Jacksonville Jaguars: NHL Edition.

4 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like this logo. It looks more like an illustration than a logo...basically Jacksonville Jaguars: NHL Edition.

I think it's a step in the right direction, but it's not quite there. 

One of the things that bothers me about the current logo is how the back tapers off into the corner of the triangle. It took me a while to realize that's what the current logo was trying to accomplish, rather than the first logo, where it's obvious the shark is coming from the corner of the triangle. This new logo shows a side view, rather than an overhead view and the tapering looks more natural. The edge of the shark is pretty clean to if you wanted to add a triangle. 

If the Sharks want to promote this logo, add the classic broken stick, get rid of the corny "S Fin," and possibly add a triangle. 

22 hours ago, poser said:

Sharks wore this for warm-ups for some reason. Wonder if the logo will be on the 3rds next season

This crest might look really good on a new jersey set. Not the straight up retros, but a mix of old and current with silver replacing orange as the tertiary color. I'm fine with keeping orange for the eye color only.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the tragedy that happened in Saskatchewan involving the Humboldt Broncos junior team, both the Blackhawks and Jets wore Broncos on the back of their jerseys instead of their usual names.  Really unfortunate what happened.  

DaNillzUMAEKFh8.jpg

DaNbebDXUAAuoGN.jpg

Didn't think this warranted its own thread so I'm posting here. I stumbled upon this alternate logo for the Buffalo Destroyers arena football league team from 1999-2003. 

I think I found Buffaslug's father

5mSI8QA.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 3/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, poser said:

Sharks AHL team worse black jerseys last night and I feel they looked so much better than the Sharks black version did.

men-s-san-jose-sharks-joe-pavelski-reebo

If I'm not mistaken, one of the members here, @Puckguy14 had a hand in designing the Barracuda jerseys. They look sharp!

SEAsig.png

6 hours ago, benpc21 said:

If I'm not mistaken, one of the members here, @Puckguy14 had a hand in designing the Barracuda jerseys. They look sharp!

Not this version.  Last season's version, was my design.  
32573666533_05b2a00ceb_z.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The Blue Jackets changed their socks this season

capitals_blue_jackets_hockey_69403_s878x

usatsi_10455384_0.jpg?itok=aNS4lr2P

I’ve always been a proponent that the Capitals Edge look was a solid modern design, but the Adidas switch really hurt these jerseys. The ‘boxier’ template gives much less of a ‘swooping’ impression that the piping on the previous template accentuated. And the piping not tapering towards the collar makes the piping appear thinner and inconsequential. And of course the piping doesn’t start from the collar anymore but just randomly interrupts.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived