Bmac

NHL 2017-18

On 4/14/2018 at 6:33 AM, insert name said:

I can recall a time someone said the exact same thing here and everyone said “stop reaching”. 

Sounds like us.

On 31/01/2018 at 6:40 PM, M4One said:

It's a good thing that Army and Vegas seem to be on the path of settling this, but it's going to a mouthful next season when the P.A. announcer goes "Here are your 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champions, Vegas, we are not affiliated with the Army, Golden Knights!"

I am officially on the band wagon.  Watching them in the playoffs, I think they should switch the black pants for grey, at least on the road.  I still hate the white gloves.

If the Capitals do win tonight, I only hate that they're gonna win in their current set. It's such a bad uniform. 

There are some rumors (reddit r/canucks) that the Canucks would bring back the Stick-and-Rink alternates next season

I'd be 100% okay with the stick-in-rink logo as the 3rd again, however, I'd really like it to be on a green jersey.

20 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

There are some rumors (reddit r/canucks) that the Canucks would bring back the Stick-and-Rink alternates next season

I’m not opposed, but I’d I hope they fix the striping at the very least. The generic 3 stripes with the thin border on the green were a big downgrade from their usual pattern. The blue muddies up the green so that from a distance they look like Leaf jerseys.

13 hours ago, Scratcher said:

Its gotta be green

18 hours ago, insert name said:

If the Capitals do win tonight, I only hate that they're gonna win in their current set. It's such a bad uniform. 

Easily the ugliest uniform in the NHL.

19 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Easily the ugliest uniform in the NHL.

Not while this look exists:

8122_calgary_flames-dark-2018.png

It really is a shame that the Caps had to win in their worst possible look.

The white isn't as good as the red. The adidas version is worse than the Reebok version. And the whole thing is worse than the slate blue/gold and original throwbacks.

Ah, well.

5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The adidas version is worse than the Reebok version.

I disagree.  The piping and sleeve-to-front panels are now straight making it look more like a hockey uniform instead of a wonky, RBK template.  The shoulder patches are also able to breathe more since the piping doesn't curve into the top of the collar.  The shorter side panels also make the primary logo feel less boxed in.

fclEo0l.png

QLOUUdk.png

The bronze and blue era was the best though.

Agreed. I think the adidas template makes the Caps jerseys look a lot better.

I can still clearly remember the initial release of the Reebok Edge jerseys on this board and how much people almost unanimously lost their :censored: over how amazing the Caps jerseys were at the time.  It's funny to see how universally hated they seem just 10 years later.  

3 minutes ago, steve61 said:

I can still clearly remember the initial release of the Reebok Edge jerseys on this board and how much people almost unanimously lost their :censored: over how amazing the Caps jerseys were at the time.

They did?  I remember the Capital's Edge jerseys being verbally annihilated on here after having the unfortunate distinction of following the Bruins and their now classic upgrade.

14 minutes ago, Morgo said:

They did?  I remember the Capital's Edge jerseys being verbally annihilated on here after having the unfortunate distinction of following the Bruins and their now classic upgrade.

I'm sure the archives still exist but honestly don't care enough to go searching.  If I'm off I'll be the first to admit it but I remember the Caps being one of the earlier more positive releases.  Habs and Bruins had the best reactions mostly because Montreal didn't go with the rumored half stripes that everyone feared.  

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

I disagree.  The piping and sleeve-to-front panels are now straight making it look more like a hockey uniform instead of a wonky, RBK template.  The shoulder patches are also able to breathe more since the piping doesn't curve into the top of the collar.  The shorter side panels also make the primary logo feel less boxed in.

fclEo0l.png

QLOUUdk.png

The bronze and blue era was the best though.

When you say that shoulder patches need to breathe, what do you mean by that?

50 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

When you say that shoulder patches need to breathe, what do you mean by that?

I mean that it needs more space around it.  The piping is too close to it in the Edge version.

I think the Caps' jersey is fine. Not a classic uniform, but its not the ugliest in the league. That goes to Nashville, Calgary, San Jose or (I know its very unpopular) Winnipeg.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:17 PM, Scratcher said:

On 6/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, randyc said:

I'd be 100% okay with the stick-in-rink logo as the 3rd again, however, I'd really like it to be on a green jersey.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, Chromatic said:

I’m not opposed, but I’d I hope they fix the striping at the very least. The generic 3 stripes with the thin border on the green were a big downgrade from their usual pattern. The blue muddies up the green so that from a distance they look like Leaf jerseys.

I feel it's time to give Johnny Canuck his due. Otherwise, go back to the original Stick In Rink but have the white C inner border from the Nike-look-a-like updated version. 

20170329_123918.thumb.jpg.3ae831c721a4e04815182723f04e35c9.jpg

19 hours ago, steve61 said:

I'm sure the archives still exist but honestly don't care enough to go searching.  If I'm off I'll be the first to admit it but I remember the Caps being one of the earlier more positive releases.  Habs and Bruins had the best reactions mostly because Montreal didn't go with the rumored half stripes that everyone feared.  

I think it was mixed, because it returned the Caps to "their colors," and they were one of the league's many offenders at the time of wearing a completely non-matching former alternate jersey as their home primary. (Some teams have learned since then; other teams are the Minnesota Wild.) And that black jersey was atrocious. Once we got a good look at the Edge redesign, though, I think the Caps were up for their fair share of criticism, and rightfully so. I still don't understand the sleeve design.