NHL 2017-18

Bmac

24 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Icethetics is reporting that all the Adidas jerseys will be unveiled at the draft.  The news has the post date of March 31st, not April Fools.  Has this screen-grab saying the Wild go with a green uniform similar to the outdoor jersey.  Great news if its true.

Zrt1d0D.png

Not sure if I like that. One of the best things about the summer of 2007 was seeing when and where teams would unveil their new uniforms. Some were without warning which made it even better. I really liked the idea of potentially seeing a new jersey released on any given day.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2017 at 2:52 PM, wildwing64 said:

Fixed :P

I get what you mean, but I think they made them yellow because it stands out. Orange sticks would've blended in too much with the orange on the uniform.

Did a quick recolour on a game photo to see how it might look.

ducksthird.png.8e2dccc39611d0b67323c50218ff249d.png

See, I prefer that 100%. The mask is the main element of the logo, and should be what stands out. The sticks are part of the background, so there is no need to shoehorn in a colour that is nowhere else to be found in the brand (especially one that is similar to one of the existing colours in the scheme) to make them stand out.

That is my only gripe with the original Mighty Ducks uniforms. Jade, eggplant, and silver is a great colour scheme, but they decided to go with a jade, black, and yellow logo that stuck out in a bad way.

14 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Hockey logo> Disney logo

Seriously they might as well wear these things.

il_570xN.456591964_h2an.jpg

Those look awesome!   I would totally rock one of those.   Wish the Avs looked 1/2 as good as this does.  

37 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Hockey logo> Disney logo

I love hyperbole.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The Wild are broke, but changing to garish North Stars ripoffs instead of bringing these back isn't "fixing it."

(inserts pictures of inaugural Wild uniforms)

I'd hardly call the North Stars garish (pre-black, anyway), but I do like your line of thought. This was a fantastic modern look that wasn't too outlandish, used a tasteful custom number font, put the amazing logo at center stage, and displayed the Forest Green/Red/Wheat color scheme in an effective fashion. It was a look that balanced both the "old-tyme" hockey and modern hockey aesthetic without looking nasty.

2 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Hockey logo> Disney logo

Sorry but those are sweet and I want one. Do you know where I can find one?

One could argue that had the Wild kept that overall look then they wouldn't need to infringe on the Stars' history to appeal to the throwback crowd. Their two fauxback designs would have been seldom used, and would have remained special as a result, had the team committed to keeping its inaugural look intact. So the red roundel fauxback and the green script fauxback could have filled the need to sell retro stuff. 

Instead they overexposed those two sweaters to the point where they weren't special anymore. So lacking any other options they had to dip into the Stars' history so they could have something "retro" to pass off as their own. 

I know that's all in the context of uniform design and aesthetic trends, but I apologise to everyone triggered by continued Wild/Stars talk anyway :rolleyes: 

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Wild are broke, but changing to garish North Stars ripoffs instead of bringing these back isn't "fixing it."

UcPh45X.jpg

AJPZaEU.jpg

I've always liked these...unique (by today's standards)... classy...lots of colour on the whites. Please go back to these, but get the pants and helmet greens matching the sweaters.

the wild should have never stopped wearing those jerseys. they were perfect, and im not sure why they traded in the green for the red vintage jersey in 07. Now they have two throwback home jerseys and they can't even make up their mind as to which is the real home jersey. And they'll still probably mess things up with this new green jersey. 

48 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

the wild should have never stopped wearing those jerseys. they were perfect, and im not sure why they traded in the green for the red vintage jersey in 07. Now they have two throwback home jerseys and they can't even make up their mind as to which is the real home jersey. And they'll still probably mess things up with this new green jersey. 

The Wild are like the Colorado Avalanche.  A team that got it perfect the first time around with every subsequent change resulting in a downgrade.  The current roads are good, but they still can't top their original whites.  Replacing the Greens with the Iron Range Reds started a long downward spiral.

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Wild are like the Colorado Avalanche.  A team that got it perfect the first time around with every subsequent change resulting in a downgrade.  The current roads are good, but they still can't top their original whites.  Replacing the Greens with the Iron Range Reds started a long downward spiral.

IMO, the Wild's whites are some of the best away jerseys of all time, and replacing their home with a matching green home with wheat instead of white would give them a perfect look...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived