NHL 2017-18

Bmac

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

People like different things. 

I get where admiral is coming from. The "Wild" name is terrible, so putting the "Minnesota" script minimizes the name as much as possible. Make them more "Minnesota" than "Wild."

The scenery bear is brilliant, but really? It's so good that I've never disliked it. I've liked it as a standalone main crest. I've liked it in a roundel. I think it would look great as a shoulder patch. 

As an aside...I remember getting an inaugural season white Wild sweater because I thought it was the coolest jersey ever made at the time. 

the wild name is not that terrible. you cant say people like different things and then in the next sentence go out and state that a name is terrible like some fact. Besides, they've always been and will likely always be the wild, so why try to hide it or play it down? And the name "wild" is in the script font logo! At least the bear logo doesn't come right out and say wild, so it doesn't even work out that way either. If you're going to put it on the shoulder at least have something nice to replace it with, not some script font that has to spell out the team name that is apparently so bad.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Point1 said:

I'm not sure how popular this opinion is but this is a top-10 jersey in the NHL.

Zach+Parise+Minnesota+Wild+v+Anaheim+Duc

My opinion on the stuff in this thread...

1. The Devils look good in green but they look better in black.

2. I love the WIld's colour scheme, moreso when red is the third colour.

3. The Wild's inaugural jerseys are great except the socks, the off-colour pants, and the number font.

4. I think the Wilds' new home jersey will be green with the red and wheat hem strip from the inaugural jersey on the arms.

5. The new leaf is by far the best logo the Leafs have ever had. The Ballard leaf is pretty crummy and the 1967 leaf looks too much like they just took the Canadian flag leaf and pasted a 60s font on it.

Just make a green version of it and there you have a top 10, maybe even top 5, look in the NHL

5 hours ago, Point1 said:

I'm not sure how popular this opinion is but this is a top-10 jersey in the NHL.

Zach+Parise+Minnesota+Wild+v+Anaheim+Duc

This jersey is like the Hurricanes. They decided to go with something generic and because of it, automatically makes it a downgrade compared to their previous set. 

XM4KeeA.png

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

This jersey is like the Hurricanes. They decided to go with something generic and because of it, automatically makes it a downgrade compared to their previous set. 

I disagree. I don't think its generic at all, point me to another jersey with that striping pattern. Its clean, simple, looks good, will stand the test of time and is unique enough to be associated with that team. Its nothing like the Hurricanes, who took the striping from one team and the colours of another and stuck them together.

9 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Does anyone else other than Rollins like the Wild name? I think he's the 1st person who is cool w/ it on here that I've seen.

I don't mind it, it's certainly unique.

16 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Does anyone else other than Rollins like the Wild name? I think he's the 1st person who is cool w/ it on here that I've seen.

To me it's the sorta thing where I love the logo and that wouldn't exist if their name wasn't Wild... and if it did exist it wouldn't tie in to another potential name as much as it does with Wild. So although the name might not be the greatest, my feelings of the logo being one of the best improves my opinion of the name simply by association.

1 minute ago, Gobbi said:

To me it's the sorta thing where I love the logo and that wouldn't exist if their name wasn't Wild... and if it did exist it wouldn't tie in to another potential name as much as it does with Wild. So although the name might not be the greatest, my feelings of the logo being one of the best improves my opinion of the name simply by association.

I just say it's the best logo and worst name. I used that logo on my helmet for fantasy football last year and called my team the Grizzlies. They could use a bear name and still have that logo. I'm happy I finally found a name good enough to use the Flames logo on a helmet this year. Cajuns. All of the Ragin' Cajuns logos involve flames so good enough.

32 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I don't think it's brilliant but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.  I put it in the same league as 'Lightning' and 'Avalanche.'  After 17 years, I don't see the need for a change, especially since the logo and colours are as masterful as they are.

16 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I don't think it's brilliant but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.  I put it in the same league as 'Lightning' and 'Avalanche.'  After 17 years, I don't see the need for a change, especially since the logo and colours are as masterful as they are.

but I can see a pic of lightning or of an avalanche. wild is so vague. I think Thunder and Bison or "whatever"men are the only non s ending names that I have no problems with. 

1 hour ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

im not sure what everyones problem with it even is. Sure it's not some 06 type sounding name but it ties in well with the place the team represents and it got us a great logo. Better than just naming it after another animal.

19 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

but I can see a pic of lightning or of an avalanche. wild is so vague. I think Thunder and Bison or "whatever"men are the only non s ending names that I have no problems with. 

and you can draw the wilderness, what's your point?

38 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

sure you can in theory, but you still look foolish, and not for the first time either. 

Ha! Sorry. No, not liking the same over-designed, dark stuff you like doesn't make me foolish. 

While a lot of this is objective? I don't believe the name "Wild" qualifies. It's a bad name, full stop. You are in a very distinct minority if you like it. 

The name "Wild" is bad, and was only salvaged by excellent logos and uniforms.

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Ha! Sorry. No, not liking the same over-designed, dark stuff you like doesn't make me foolish. 

While a lot of this is objective? I don't believe the name "Wild" qualifies. It's a bad name, full stop. You are in a very distinct minority if you like it. 

im not saying you can't dislike it, by all means go ahead, but don't call it terrible like it's an indisputable fact. Once again looking foolish. Just because a distinct minority of people like the name doesn't make it bad either. Lots of people like crappy music but that doesn't make it good either. 

There is nothing wrong with the name, it works well considering the relevance of the wilderness to minnesota and also keeps the team to wearing green like the north stars did without going full blow throwback. Should they just be called the bears or some other boring generic animal name or maybe name them after some fictional character like johnny canuck?

41 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Oh and by the way, I like non dark uniforms too (nashville, tampa, penguins, mighty ducks 3rd). I just don't want the entire league to dress up like it's 1976. 

I could say that I like the WIld name, but that's almost definitely biased... However, it does roll off the tongue, I'll say. Minnesota Wild! 

The Wild's current road jersey is the best jersey in team history, with the inaugural white jersey coming in as a close second. I do like the current green alt, but it needs red...That's a little hard to do though, and look good. 

2 hours ago, insert name said:

No... The Wild are a team that should be more traditional, while the Hurricanes should have a more modern branding. The hurricane warning pattern did just that... 

Also, tonight was probably the last time you'll see the Wild's red jersey. I'm glad I got to see that in person! #RIP

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

and you can draw the wilderness, what's your point?

which part, the wilderness has all kinds of different looks that don't look similar. Wild isn't a good name to me. It's better than Dawgs or Catz or something like that, but Kodiaks, Grizzlies sound like better names and the logo would still work just fine. 

Archived