NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely HATE the Predators' move towards more-gold. It's just too much, too garish. They looked much better as a navy-first team.

(It also doesn't help when their bright logo blends in with their bright jerseys).

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I absolutely HATE the Predators' move towards more-gold. It's just too much, too garish. They looked much better as a navy-first team.

(It also doesn't help when their bright logo blends in with their bright jerseys).

Couldn't agree more, though the color is yellow.

3 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Are there going to be any changes to the Oilers orange jersey other than the reebok logo next year?I know they are making slight changes to the white, probably orange yolks and or orange numbers.

I really hope the only thing they change on the white jerseys is the weird looking collar.  After next season, whether they can have alternates again or not, they should go back to blue at home.  While watching them during these playoffs, I realized that while the orange jerseys do look good, I don't think they should be the permanent home jerseys.

I love the promotion of yellow/gold (whatever you call it) over navy, it helps their brand really stand out in an NHL full of navy blue teams. Our uniforms could be executed slightly better with a few tweaks and making the color of the helmet better match the color of the jersey, but overall I think that the Predators look is at its best that it has ever been. 

spacer.png

It is, but it's not saying much. Their jerseys need IMO a major template change. If they must use yellow/gold, the helmets have to be navy; it limits the amount of garish-ness.

26 minutes ago, M4One said:

I really hope the only thing they change on the white jerseys is the weird looking collar.  After next season, whether they can have alternates again or not, they should go back to blue at home.  While watching them during these playoffs, I realized that while the orange jerseys do look good, I don't think they should be the permanent home jerseys.

It's a win/win for me, I love them both. I like bright colors so I guess orange has a slight edge. I love the Preds yellows but they should do something so that it's easier to see the logo. I also think there are too many red teams, even though I like bright colors. 

The main problem with the Oilers orange jerseys is the name and numbers. Completely illegible from any meaningful distance. To be fair it was also a problem with the blue jerseys (because of the double outline), but white numbers and name are pretty much a necessity.

cut.jpg

Yeah, I know it's a throwback, so they went for historical accuracy - which is the right thing to do for a third jersey. But if they were going to promote it, they need to change the numbers to white. I thought I was the only one who was having these issues.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

12 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That's a pretty big discount. Dick's must be desperate to move the Reebok stuff. 

Same thing is going on with Kings and Ducks gear here in the LA area.  I was able to score a replica white Kings jersey WITH customization for about $132 including tax from a Lids Locker Room.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

Same thing is going on with Kings and Ducks gear here in the LA area.  I was able to score a replica white Kings jersey WITH customization for about $132 including tax from a Lids Locker Room.

As somebody responded to me, that 65 percent discount is a steal just because the league is changing suppliers.

(Somebody else responded that it means Toews and Kane are future Vegas Golden Knights. I, uh, disagree.)

22 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That's a pretty big discount. Dick's must be desperate to move the Reebok stuff. 

Saw that the other day online and I jumped all over it.  Trying to get as many different NHL jerseys before adidas takes over

17 hours ago, Point1 said:

The main problem with the Oilers orange jerseys is the name and numbers. Completely illegible from any meaningful distance. To be fair it was also a problem with the blue jerseys (because of the double outline), but white numbers and name are pretty much a necessity.

cut.jpg

Yes, totally agree with this. It's very difficult to see the numbers on TV. Especially when 97 is moving a million miles per hour.

My main problem with the Oilers orange jersey is the number on the shoulders, not necessarily what colour they are.  I know that's how it was, but I don't like how much blank space is left where the numbers would normally go.  I'm also kinda baffled as to why the Oilers placed the 100 patch on the top of the white stripe instead of above it when there is so much space.

I cannot stand those Oilers orange jerseys. I wish they went back to the copper and navy uniforms.

The predators yellow jerseys are great. They might need a couple tweaks but I like them. However, they should use a shoulder patch on each side instead of just one. I don't get why teams do that.

Personally, I like when rival teams look nothing alike, so with that in mind:
connor_mcdavid2_7_14(1).png
9183918-johnny-gaudreau-nhl-san-jose-sha
I dunno, maybe I'm just a crazy Flames fan, but the Oilers' new uniform cuts kinda close to ours in colour, doesn't it? Or am I just stupid & overthinking it? Either way, I think the Oilers just look wrong wearing orange and I think they're making a big mistake with this uniform change; not only does it not have the history the blue jersey has, it doesn't even look as good.

Archived