Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Recommended Posts

BJ Sands    927

That's a pretty big discount. Dick's must be desperate to move the Reebok stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there going to be any changes to the Oilers orange jersey other than the reebok logo next year?I know they are making slight changes to the white, probably orange yolks and or orange numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely HATE the Predators' move towards more-gold. It's just too much, too garish. They looked much better as a navy-first team.

 

(It also doesn't help when their bright logo blends in with their bright jerseys).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel75    379
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I absolutely HATE the Predators' move towards more-gold. It's just too much, too garish. They looked much better as a navy-first team.

 

(It also doesn't help when their bright logo blends in with their bright jerseys).

Couldn't agree more, though the color is yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M4One    155
3 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Are there going to be any changes to the Oilers orange jersey other than the reebok logo next year?I know they are making slight changes to the white, probably orange yolks and or orange numbers.

 

I really hope the only thing they change on the white jerseys is the weird looking collar.  After next season, whether they can have alternates again or not, they should go back to blue at home.  While watching them during these playoffs, I realized that while the orange jerseys do look good, I don't think they should be the permanent home jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
henburg    84

I love the promotion of yellow/gold (whatever you call it) over navy, it helps their brand really stand out in an NHL full of navy blue teams. Our uniforms could be executed slightly better with a few tweaks and making the color of the helmet better match the color of the jersey, but overall I think that the Predators look is at its best that it has ever been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is, but it's not saying much. Their jerseys need IMO a major template change. If they must use yellow/gold, the helmets have to be navy; it limits the amount of garish-ness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, M4One said:

 

I really hope the only thing they change on the white jerseys is the weird looking collar.  After next season, whether they can have alternates again or not, they should go back to blue at home.  While watching them during these playoffs, I realized that while the orange jerseys do look good, I don't think they should be the permanent home jerseys.

It's a win/win for me, I love them both. I like bright colors so I guess orange has a slight edge. I love the Preds yellows but they should do something so that it's easier to see the logo. I also think there are too many red teams, even though I like bright colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Point1    198

The main problem with the Oilers orange jerseys is the name and numbers. Completely illegible from any meaningful distance. To be fair it was also a problem with the blue jerseys (because of the double outline), but white numbers and name are pretty much a necessity.

 

cut.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hockey week    920

Yeah, I know it's a throwback, so they went for historical accuracy - which is the right thing to do for a third jersey. But if they were going to promote it, they need to change the numbers to white. I thought I was the only one who was having these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in LA    405
12 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That's a pretty big discount. Dick's must be desperate to move the Reebok stuff. 

Same thing is going on with Kings and Ducks gear here in the LA area.  I was able to score a replica white Kings jersey WITH customization for about $132 including tax from a Lids Locker Room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BJ Sands    927
1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

Same thing is going on with Kings and Ducks gear here in the LA area.  I was able to score a replica white Kings jersey WITH customization for about $132 including tax from a Lids Locker Room.

As somebody responded to me, that 65 percent discount is a steal just because the league is changing suppliers.

 

(Somebody else responded that it means Toews and Kane are future Vegas Golden Knights. I, uh, disagree.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tohasbo    145
22 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That's a pretty big discount. Dick's must be desperate to move the Reebok stuff. 

Saw that the other day online and I jumped all over it.  Trying to get as many different NHL jerseys before adidas takes over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
webdav    20
17 hours ago, Point1 said:

The main problem with the Oilers orange jerseys is the name and numbers. Completely illegible from any meaningful distance. To be fair it was also a problem with the blue jerseys (because of the double outline), but white numbers and name are pretty much a necessity.

 

cut.jpg

 

Yes, totally agree with this. It's very difficult to see the numbers on TV. Especially when 97 is moving a million miles per hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M4One    155

My main problem with the Oilers orange jersey is the number on the shoulders, not necessarily what colour they are.  I know that's how it was, but I don't like how much blank space is left where the numbers would normally go.  I'm also kinda baffled as to why the Oilers placed the 100 patch on the top of the white stripe instead of above it when there is so much space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joepro    19

I cannot stand those Oilers orange jerseys. I wish they went back to the copper and navy uniforms.

 

The predators yellow jerseys are great. They might need a couple tweaks but I like them. However, they should use a shoulder patch on each side instead of just one. I don't get why teams do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webdav said:

 

Yes, totally agree with this. It's very difficult to see the numbers on TV. Especially when 97 is moving a million miles per hour.

Yeah but I know who that is because of the speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcj882000    408

Personally, I like when rival teams look nothing alike, so with that in mind:
connor_mcdavid2_7_14(1).png
9183918-johnny-gaudreau-nhl-san-jose-sha
I dunno, maybe I'm just a crazy Flames fan, but the Oilers' new uniform cuts kinda close to ours in colour, doesn't it? Or am I just stupid & overthinking it? Either way, I think the Oilers just look wrong wearing orange and I think they're making a big mistake with this uniform change; not only does it not have the history the blue jersey has, it doesn't even look as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now