Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, alecgoff said:

Could this be anything?

dflskjfdgkl.png

obefnspfibjdnvbkospfbd.png

I'm not sure a Reebok t-shirt from 2015 (that's now on sale) is anything to get excited about.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:46 PM, Sodboy13 said:

2017: Teams all release new jerseys. A lot of fans buy new jerseys.

2018: Teams release new alternate jerseys. A lot of the same fans above buy another new jersey.

If you release all three at once, most people will buy one of them. If you wait a year to unveil the third, you'll get a higher number of people buying two.

You guys and your conspiracy theories. :-)

2014, 2015, 2016:

10-12 new uniforms are designed, prototyped, and manufactured (between new identities, new third jerseys, Winter/Heritage Classic, Stadium Series, and All-Star).

2017:

62 new uniforms are designed, prototyped, and manufactured, just for standard home and road use. Add another 8-10 for the events.

2018:

20-30 third jerseys are designed, prototyped, and manufactured, plus 8-10 more for the events.

2019:

10-12 new uniforms are designed, prototyped, and manufactured. Everything returns to normal and the designers can breathe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If it all comes down to making more money, then why have the Canucks had the same jersey for 10 years? I don't get that.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

Again, it all comes back to making more money. 

That's kind of the entire point of professional sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Again, it all comes back to making more money. 

Well, obviously you have it all figured out, because doing 3-6 times more work than normal couldn’t possibly present a physical, mental, or logistical limitation...

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Well, obviously you have it all figured out, because doing 3-6 times more work than normal couldn’t possibly present a physical, mental, or logistical limitation...

Which brings us to the question of why did adidas take over the contract from its sub company if it presented all of these ridiculous manufacturing limitations...

I'm not sure how bringing a straight copy of an existing design (say, Rangers, Red Wings, or Blackhawks) to an adidas template requires a lot of work.  People on this board can make that design change within minutes when presented with the templates used.

45 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Which brings us to the question of why did adidas take over the contract from its sub company if it presented all of these ridiculous manufacturing limitations...

I'm not sure how bringing a straight copy of an existing design (say, Rangers, Red Wings, or Blackhawks) to an adidas template requires a lot of work.  People on this board can make that design change within minutes when presented with the templates used.

Do the people on this board have to secure materials, cut out cloth, sew everything together, manufacture a crest and number set, sew it all to the jersey, show it to the team, make any changes dictated by the team, rinse and repeat until the team approves? And then make enough jerseys for a whole team, and then do the same for an entire league

It's almost like when you have to do more then edit an illustrator template the process becomes somewhat more complicated!

7 minutes ago, aild87 said:

Do the people on this board have to secure materials, cut out cloth, sew everything together, manufacture a crest and number set, sew it all to the jersey, show it to the team, make any changes dictated by the team, rinse and repeat until the team approves? And then make enough jerseys for a whole team, and then do the same for an entire league

It's almost like when you have to do more then edit an illustrator template the process becomes somewhat more complicated!

1) those steps aren't that complicated, given technology - putting a crest and numbers on a jersey might take an hour, max.

2) half the teams aren't making substantive changes; 

3) the steps you listed aren't all that different from a normal year's production cycle

4) adidas designers don't manufacture any of the jerseys...so the work you described doesn't apply to them

5) adidas announced the deal in September 2015, so 18-24 months does seem like a pretty feasible timeline

So this is kind of off-topic, but I wasn't sure where else to ask: what is the site where you send your jersey and they apply the custom twill name and numbers? I already bought a Maple Leafs jersey awhile ago, but now I want a name on the back.

1 minute ago, Toronto206 said:

So this is kind of off-topic, but I wasn't sure where else to ask: what is the site where you send your jersey and they apply the custom twill name and numbers? I already bought a Maple Leafs jersey awhile ago, but now I want a name on the back.

Exclusive Pro Sports.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

1) those steps aren't that complicated, given technology

2) the steps you listed aren't all that different from a normal year's production cycle

3) adidas designers don't manufacture any of the jerseys...so the work you described doesn't apply to them.

But that's what it takes to bring a straight copy of a existing design to an Adidas template. And while it doesn't fall squarely on the shoulders of a designer, I would definitely say it's still a lot of work, much more than opening illustrator, or gimp or paint or any software and posting it on the concept forum. A years worth of work according to yourself.

Just now, aild87 said:

But that's what it takes to bring a straight copy of a existing design to an Adidas template. And while it doesn't fall squarely on the shoulders of a designer, I would definitely say it's still a lot of work, much more than opening illustrator, or gimp or paint or any software and posting it on the concept forum. A years worth of work according to yourself.

Concept to prototype doesn't take a year.  And again, the timeline for teams not making substantive changes isn't as difficult as you think it is.

Archived