NHL 2017-18

Bmac

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Concept to prototype doesn't take a year.  And again, the timeline for teams not making substantive changes isn't as difficult as you think it is.

I believe the process is substantially more complicated than "People on this board can make that design change within minutes when presented with the templates used" that is all. I'm not saying this is the sports uniform manufacturing equivalent to climbing Everest.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2017 at 11:12 AM, WSU151 said:

Which brings us to the question of why did adidas take over the contract from its sub company if it presented all of these ridiculous manufacturing limitations...

I'm not sure how bringing a straight copy of an existing design (say, Rangers, Red Wings, or Blackhawks) to an adidas template requires a lot of work.  People on this board can make that design change within minutes when presented with the templates used.

That’s ridiculous. Obviously brands find it beneficial to outfit leagues or they wouldn’t do it. That doesn’t mean it’s an easy or simple process to transition from one to another, even when the same design and manufacturing teams are doing the work.

And no, apparel design can’t be done “within minutes” even if there are no changes to the visual. It involves much more than just dropping logos into an Illustrator file.

On 5/27/2017 at 0:21 PM, WSU151 said:

Concept to prototype doesn't take a year.  And again, the timeline for teams not making substantive changes isn't as difficult as you think it is.

There’s a brief from the team, followed by visual design of the uniform, approval of a digital mockup, design and assembly of all the trims and specifications for the factory, having a prototype made (both on-ice and retail), reviewing the prototypes, sending the prototypes to the team for approval, making any changes requested by the team, obtaining final approval, then finally, because it’s all about the money, having the product manufactured en masse.

It might not take a year, but it does take a few months, even for a team with no changes, and every step passes through the design team. Given how complex the process is, obviously it’s not realistic to expect to tackle every team at once. Let’s say (generously) that you were able to do it in 6 waves of 5 teams. Assuming they were all straight conversions to a new uniform and there were no changes after prototyping, you would already be looking at a year, and that doesn’t include the initial design of the uniform system or any of the mass manufacturing that has to happen.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, wildwing64 said:

Knowing the Sabres, they'll switch to powder blue and then surprise everyone with a brand new logo depicting a buffalo's excrement.

They'll pull a Blues and add (more) red to the blue and yellow. They'll ditch silver, because they're adding Vegas gold. Home jersey will be yellow. Buffalo will no longer be white. Nothing would surprise me. Batten down the hatches.

It's possible that the rumor about the Sabres going to royal blue full-time may be a misunderstanding.  The Sabres are the home team in the Winter Classic, so it's likely that their jersey will be royal.  Maybe the person who saw the mockup of a royal blue jersey was seeing a Winter Classic jersey, but mistook it for a new home jersey.

I wish the Sabres would keep a little silver in the logo.  Outlining everything in both navy and silver created a muddled mess, but removing all that and adding some minimal silver shading to the sabre blades and buffalo would be nice. I would also nix the silver on the jersey striping.

On 2017-05-26 at 0:06 AM, dont care said:

There are no thirds for next year

I got into an argument with the guy who posted this. He was saying they were going to wear it for Canada's 150th anniversary and I called him out saying he was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Crowder said:

I got into an argument with the guy who posted this. He was saying they were going to wear it for Canada's 150th anniversary and I called him out saying he was wrong.

Pretty sure he's making a joke to reference the Jays' alternate uniforms. He's mocking the absurdity for a team called the Blue Jays to unveil an all red uniform by suggesting that the Leafs, a team also known for wearing blue and white from the same city, would do the same thing. 

No no need to get into an argument with him. He knows there are no thirds next year and he knows that a credible leak wouldn't be a pixelated quick & dirty photoshop. 

So here's a classic NHL head shaker...the orders for 2018 Winter Classic apparel was due last week for retailers , yet not a single picture existed in the virtual catalog of the items. You're literally ordering blind, just a vague description of the primary color of each item. Jerseys, tees, hats, everything. 

Also, no pictures or descriptions exist in our resources of the teams allegedly getting new jerseys. 

On 2017-05-27 at 9:59 PM, Toronto206 said:

If it means anything this logo has all the silver removed. I could see them just going full navy and gold.

Image result for buffalo sabres sharpen your swords

"Your" is in silver, though. I do hope that silver is on the way out in Buffalo, though.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

3 minutes ago, charger77 said:

IMG_8236.JPG

Kind of interesting that even hockey equipment rooms (if I'm correct to assume that) have football helmet collections.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Still a 2016-2017 jersey...

IMG_8213.JPG

If yellow/gold were used in the same fashion as white - home or away - ^^^ that would be a beautiful uniform match up. Black vs yellow and the two logos going face to face.

Couple of things from Bettman's State of the Game address...

- All 31 teams' jerseys will be unveiled at the Awards

- 2018 All Star Game will be played in Tampa

- 2018 Stadium Series to be played in Washington against the Leafs

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I get the whole yellow thing for Nashville, but their logo would look a lot better on a navy blue jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Couple of things from Bettman's State of the Game address...

- All 31 teams' jerseys will be unveiled at the Awards

- 2018 All Star Game will be played in Tampa

- 2018 Stadium Series to be played in Washington against the Leafs

"All 31 jerseys" aka this site will break

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived