NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Well that was a no. Video just had short clip of Marner vs Senators. Reebok unis. 

Yeah, the NHL seems to have this under wraps.  The game said the full preview comes out the day of the jersey release...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Keep the collar, that's the best part.

The collar is just a dated feature that is only there so the uniform can look retro at the expense of aesthetics.  It's exactly why the Flyers have those asinine contrasting nameplates.  Replace it with a standard white and blue striped collar (laceup or non, doesn't really matter) and the uniform goes from an 8 to a 10.

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Yeah, the NHL seems to have this under wraps.  The game said the full preview comes out the day of the jersey release...

Full trailer will be on June 21 at the NHL awards.  That's the same day all of the jerseys will be revealed and we find out who Vegas picked in the expansion draft.

Couple of tidbits re: Columbus' adidas jerseys and retail/authentic jerseys in general...

-Minor striping changes to the hem line and the overall striping/piping - not sure what this will completely entail. He did not mention anything about the collar. 

-Change in number font and name typeface - idk how I feel about this since they've essentially had the same font since the team's inception

-There will be both replica jerseys, and "retail authentics" that will have a "modified" fight strap and will have a similar contour of an on-ice authentic. These will be made "overseas". There will be NO on-ice authentics available for retail purchase (which is very unfortunate). 

All of this info came straight from talking to a rep at the Blue Jackets' team store who has seen whatever prototypes were made available. 

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Could be an upgrade, because those squashed Copperplate numbers look terrible, but there's always a way to go down when it comes to proprietary numerals for sports uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

If they go with the third jersey number font full time I will be a very unhappy boy. 

That 7!

L3R5VlV.jpg

I on the other hand will be a very happy boy. I hate the copperplate font.

Just now, buckeye said:

I on the other hand will be a very happy boy. I hate the copperplate font.

There are other options between the copperplate, which I could take or leave, or the third jersey font. Like thousands of other options. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Copperplate is a bad choice, but it's better than the boxy alternate font. Then again, so is comic sans....

Hell, give me Wingdings over that font. No one will cry "original six dress up" then, amirite?

I don't like either Blue Jackets font.  Gun to my head, I'll go with the alt, but there's really no reason for a 7 to be that close to a 1.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

56 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Squashed Copperplate or not, it works for the Blue Jackets and has been in use for their entire history.

Does it??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Does it??

On paper it shouldn't work but I've gotten used to it and think it actually looks pretty sharp.  I certainly don't want to see it replaced with an another uninspired bloc-font.  Too many teams use that already.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:58 PM, Morgo said:

The collar is just a dated feature that is only there so the uniform can look retro at the expense of aesthetics.  It's exactly why the Flyers have those asinine contrasting nameplates.  Replace it with a standard white and blue striped collar (laceup or non, doesn't really matter) and the uniform goes from an 8 to a 10.

Completely disagree. Making the collar just some templatey garbage would just make the jersey seem so unique. That collar is seriously the only unique part about that jersey. Other than that it's a single outlined striping pattern with a generic yoke w/ outline. It looks better as well imo.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:16 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

-Change in number font and name typeface - idk how I feel about this since they've essentially had the same font since the team's inception

This sucks. The name typeface is probably the best in the league. The numbers are also the worst in the league so it's an OK trade-off.

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

If they go with the third jersey number font full time I will be a very unhappy boy. 

That 7!

L3R5VlV.jpg

I hope they just go with a modified version of this typeface. Fix the issues with it then it's perfect.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

15 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Completely disagree. Making the collar just some templatey garbage would just make the jersey seem so unique. That collar is seriously the only unique part about that jersey. Other than that it's a single outlined striping pattern with a generic yoke w/ outline. It looks better as well imo.

It might be unique but it still looks dated, awkward and like it was shoehorned in from a completely different uniform.

Archived